Search for content in message boards

Thankful Hopkins and James Young

Replies: 0

Thankful Hopkins and James Young

Posted: 1550701338000
Classification: Query
They sold their farm in 1798 in Eastham MA, now Frnakfort Waldo ME.
Thankful is a Hopkins Mayflower descendent. I am tracing my Mayflower line through her and can go all the way back to Steven Hopkins, on my father's grandmother's side.
This is where it gets tricky in my family line: I cannot find my grandparents marriage records to confirm all the following:
Thankful Hopkins was born to John Hopkins and Azubah Basset 26 January 1778/Eastham.
Thankful Hopkins was married to James Young Jr 8 April 1795. (My great great great grandparents)
Their son, Gilbert Young was born 19 Nov 1816 died 16 June 1892
Gilbert married Deborah Bowman and had 4 children: Elcenia, William Melville, Ira and Lizette (sp?), Winterport Waldo ME (My great great grandparents)
Their daughter Elcenia Young, b 1844 d 1881, and married John W. Carleton abt 1863/64, Winterport, Waldo, ME. (My great grandparents)
They had 5/6 children.
One of their sons, Joseph, b 1873 married Martha L Minnich (my grandparents)
They lived out their lives in Amherst, Erie, NY. Grandfather Joseph served for the duration in the Marines in the Spanish American War.
One of their 6 children, Francis J b 16 Sept 1909 D Aug 1999, and married Marie Rose Miller, Buffalo, NY (My father and mother)
I have been completely unable to locate marriage records for Joseph C and Martha L Minnich. Minnich may have been either her maiden name, or her married name to her first husband, child, Jesse, b 1898. Maybe Joseph an Martha married in Maine, not New York? Just cannot find it.

Without my grandparent's marriage records, I cannot complete my links to Steven Hopkins, Mayflower. His son, Giles, had a son, Joshua Sr , b June 1657 d 14 May 1738 from whom the line of Joshua's and John to Thankful all stem.

To know I am THIS close to full documentation as a Mayflower descendant, and am still struggling with my own grandparents marriage records, is totally frustrating.

If anyone at ancestry has a clue or information, I will be more than grateful!

Find a board about a specific topic