Search for content in message boards

Elish Hicks - First Wife - Maurice Hicks

Replies: 0

Elish Hicks - First Wife - Maurice Hicks

Posted: 1560791362000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hicks Teeters
I am looking for information on the first wife and children of Elish Hicks, born 13 Apr 1875 in Haletown (now Guild), Marion County, TN. Elish went by the name Lish. The name on his gravestone is Elish.
According to the family, Lish was born in Marion County, TN, where he grew up. During his early years he worked in the mine at Aetna Mountain. The 1900 census shows him as Elish Hecks in Brushy Mountain prison, age 25 and married.
In the early 1900s Lish divorced his first wife. In 1902 Lish married his second wife Minnie Alda Teeters. Between 1904 - 1909 they lived in Walker County, AL. The 1910 census shows them living in Dorris, Wallker County, AL where Lish owns a poolroom.
Lish had some children with his first wife. One of them, Maurice Sonny Hicks Sr, was born in 1896. He lived with a foster family until he was reunited with Lish in the 1900s. Maurice is shown living with Lish and Minnie on the 1910 census.
On 27 July 1912 Thomas David Hicks, the son of Lish and Minnie, was born in Haletown (Guild) Tn. Shortly after that the family moved to Waldron, AR. They lived in AR the remainder of their lives.
There is a lot of information on Lish Hicks after he left prison. I would like to know who his parents were, and the names of his first wife and their children, the full siblings of Maurice Hicks.

Find a board about a specific topic