Search for content in message boards

George Hatfield, Lynch Hatfield 1791.

Replies: 0

George Hatfield, Lynch Hatfield 1791.

Posted: 1408973360000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1548631488000
I jjust want to mention. the dates on these Hatfield and Lynch Hatfield, are utmost in importance. The Lynch Hatfield 1791, found in Va. then into E. Tenn. is actually the Sr. one or elder. He selltled on the Lick Branch of the Powell River, flowing into Tennessee, in what became Claiborne co. All the Hatfields, a Lynch, a Ralph, and even a Jeremiah, appear out of Virginia, into the above mentioned area, Abner also.

My interest is the Lynch bn. 1791, as nearly as we can tell, and married Sarah Sallie , Ann. Morgan, early Claiborne county records state. I was able to get a number of deeds, from the early 1800,s in which Lynch Hatfield interacted with others, on land grants, made available with service in War of 1812. Dna testing has been done for these Hatfields, which do show they are family related.

The naming pattern is a key, as this 1791 Lynch, as nearly as we c an tell, named his sons, George, Murry, Walter, Ralph, Abner and Issac. and Andrew. This according to records in the Library in Tazewell, Tenn. I found the deeds in the Sneedville, Tn. archives. I'm simply saying , this Lynch named sons after his brothers, so the dates are of utmost importance. The Lynch of 1840, or even bn. 1815, is not the senior one of the family, and it does all begin to relate as you follow these lines. .

Mine is the Andrew, who married Rachel Lawson daughter of Wm M.. Lawson and Mahala Legere Lawson, All this activity is in District 5, and 7 of Claiborne, then touches into the Hancock co. area. . Maybe this will help.

Betty Hayden, researching Lawsons, with the oldnate group.

Find a board about a specific topic