Search for content in message boards

Hatfields

Replies: 0

Hatfields

Linda Fern Barnes (View posts)
Posted: 980639703000
Can anyone out there help me please? My grandmother was Ida Mae Hatfield, called Mae, born in 1884. I think her father's name was Ruben Hatfield. Her mother died when she was a young girl, not sure how old but seem to remember about 7 or 8. She had a sister but do not know her name. When her mother died, my grandmother went to live with a family in Carthage, MO. and her sister went to live with another family. I do not know where they lived before that. My mom always thought the man of the family who took her in was a Doctor whose last name was Shirley but I think it was Belle Starr's brother who went by the nickname Doc Shirley, not sure. I have a picture of my grandma and this man's daughter. After some years my grandmother's father remarried and took his girls back. Do not know who he married but think either his wife or sister was named Delila. He and second wife had a daughter named Dolly Pearl and called her Grundie. Don't know if they had any other children. I think Belle Starr's mother was Elizabeth Hatfield before she married Belle's daddy, John Shirley, and that may be the connection with my grandmother being taken in by a Doc or Dr. Shirley as Belle's real name was Myra Maybelle Shirley. Am trying to find out if I am kin to the feuding Hatfields or to Belle Starr. My grandma use to tell me we were and I know my mother said they visited in the Starr community near Briar Town, OK when she was a child. I am not sure my grandma's dad's name was Ruben but would like to have any info that anyone out there has. My email address is lbarnesf@excite.com

Find a board about a specific topic