Thomas-6 Hallock (1762-1822) and Sarah Bedell of New Jersey - 12 Children
The 1851 genealogy for "Passaic Valley.." NJ, referred to below, contains a bushel-basketful of Hallock descendants of this couple that are not in the published Hallock Genealogies. They are the 12 children and descendants of Thomas and Sarah (Bedell) Hallock of "the Passaic Valley above Chatham", New Jersey. Note Chatham is about 90 miles due east of Brookhaven, Suffolk NY and abt 118 miles due east of Southold, Suffolk, New York.
LINE/PARENTS PER 1928 HALLOCK GENEALOGY
Thomas-6,5, Ichabod-4, Thomas-3, William-2, Peter-1 Hallock
Pg 603 of the 1928 Hallock Genealogy says "Thomas, 3rd, was son of Thomas, 2nd, son of Ichabod. Was born in 1762 and died 1822. Married about 1785. Had son: Smith Hallock, born about 1786. Lived in New Providence, NJ, Nothing more is known about him."
End of 1928 Hallock excerpt.
Note Smith Hallock is listed No 2 in the list of children below; and in the 1830 census in New Providence, Essex, New Jersey, age 40-59, or born 1781-1790. Smith Hallock, enlisted in War of 1812, served as a private, Capt Dole's Riflemen, NY Militia. (Records at ancestry.com)
PASSAIC VALLEY GENEALOGY
"Family records, or, Genealogies of the first settlers of Passaic Valley and vicinity above Chatham, with their ancestors and descendants as far as can now be ascertained"
Found on the internet at below links. Do a Control-F (ie Control-Find) search to find the various families, except Google Books. There use the Search box in the left panel. (many grandchildren, especially from the daughters) are on pages of the husbands' families.http://www.archive.org/stream/familyrecordsorg00litt/familyr...http://dunhamwilcox.net/nj/passaic_7.htmhttp://books.google.com/books?id=Tdaujk3LswcC&printsec=f...
These are the children. Grandchildren are also shown at the above pages:
THOMAS HALLOCK lived between the 1st and 2d mountains. He married Sarah Bedell, (daughter of Moses Bedell, and Elizabeth Littell, daughter of David Littell,) and had children :
1. David, who died unmarried.
2. Smith, who married Jane Raddin, daughter of Jeremiah Raddin, as her 3d husband.
3. John married Betsey, the widow of Moses Roff and had a son, John.
4. Betsey married, 1st, Abraham Walker ; 2d, Jonathan Walker, sons of Asher. [See Walker.]
5. Polly married Hugh Davis, son of John Davis, of Washington Valley.
6. Catherine married Alexander Freeman, son of Henry, of Elizabethtown.
7. Susan married, 11th February, 1815, Thomas Mulligan, from Ireland ; lives in New York.
8. Thompson, who died a young man, unmarried.
9. William married Sarah Tucker, of New York ; lived there.
10. Fanny, born 20th June, 1804, married Joseph Pope, son of Samuel.
11. Caroline married John Van Buren ; lived in New York.
12. Sibbel, who died in infancy.
Additional information is most definitely wanted for this branch. If anyone was looking for a genealogy project, tracking this branch down to and through the 1940 census should keep somebody busy for quite awhile.