Search for content in message boards

James Samuel Graham/Samuel Graham- Madison County, Georgia

Replies: 0

James Samuel Graham/Samuel Graham- Madison County, Georgia

Posted: 1553400955000
Classification: Query
I am trying to find my husband's great great grandfather, James Samuel Graham, also listed as Samuel Graham in some census records. He is listed in the 1880 census in Madison County, GA as Samuel under his mother, Almeda. His two siblings William J. and Isabella are listed with them in Madison County, Georgia. No father is listed.

He is listed again in 1900 in Madison County, GA as James S. Graham with wife, Alice, and kids, Milton, Texie/Tessie and Stiles. He is listed again in 1910 in Madison County, GA as James S. Graham with his wife Alice and kids, Milton, Texie/Tessie, Styles, Hoyt, Maybelle, Grady, Elijah, and Lucile, as well as stepson Auby Estus and his wife, Arbie(?). This is the last census I have found him in.

The last record of him is in a death certificate from Greenville, SC of his son Milton in 1934, with him listed as the father, Sam Graham. I have not found him in FindaGrave or any local cemeteries in the area in Georgia. The only thing I have not done is go to the local courthouse and order his birth certificate. He does not have any WWI or WWII draft cards I have found. Alice does later move with her kids to Florida and I do have her burial records.

His marriage record with Alice does not list either of their parents. Does anyone know of this branch of the Grahams? Did he die in WWI or WWII? Do you know who his parents are or who Alice's are? I have her maiden name as Floyd and she was either born in Georgia or Arkansas according to census records. Sam's mom was Almeda Graham. Her maiden name was Graham.

Thanks,

Allyssa RG

Find a board about a specific topic