Search for content in message boards

Gonzalez, Carrera, Armendariz, Aguirre, Onsurez, etc family names.

Replies: 0

Gonzalez, Carrera, Armendariz, Aguirre, Onsurez, etc family names.

Posted: 1521482128000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1521484037000
Surnames: Gonzalez, Carrera, Zambrano and Garcia
Hello,

I took my DNA test and it came back saying I was 28 percent Native American. I have been doing research on my family who have roots in Chihuahua, Mexico and have discovered some of the names listed in my subject field. One of the names I came up with is a Felicitas Garcia who had children by the names of Jose Crecencio, Maria Josefa, Francisca, Felipa, Santos and Teresa (I believe Zambrano is the last name). Supposedly, Felicitas was born in El Paso, Texas about 1846 and died in Los Angeles, California on Jan. 26, 1928. Don't have her husband's name though.

Also, my grandmother Lucinda Carrera Gonzalez (married name also Gonzalez) was rumored to have been born in New Mexico. She married Ramiro Gonzalez in 1926 in Villa Aldama, Chihuahua. Her father Amado Gonzalez and mother Valentina Carrera. I have not been able to establish where and when she was born. 1930 Mexican Census shows her in Villa Aldama, Chihuahua but she is listed as older than my grandfather Ramiro. This sort of fits with some of the information that has been shared with me. She had two brothers named Cruz and Martin who were also born in the United States. Martin supposedly in Ruidosa, Texas (??). No one really can say where she was born. Those that knew probably have passed.

Does this sound familiar or do you have any further information? Thanks for the help.

Sincerely

Pat

Find a board about a specific topic