Wonderful information! John W Ford is my 2nd great-grandfather. My line extends through his daughter Eliza Jennie who married Richard W Ellis (see below).
I would love to locate any information regarding their marriage date, which you noted as Dec 1846. You also mentioned an obituary for Eliza mentioning her father, John W Ford. I don't even know where she or her husband died. I did find photos of their headstones in Bentonville Cemetery, Bentonville AR.
R. W. Ellis - Find A Grave Memorial# 67740162
Eliza J Ellis - Find A Grave Memorial# 103255931
1. John Waller Ford b: February 3, 1800 in Smith Co., Tennessee d: November 7, 1883 in Bentonville, Benton, Arkansas marr. 23 July 1818 in Sumner County, Tennessee Elizabeth Rolin b:?
2. Elizabeth Jennie Ford b: 25 November 1821 Sparta?, White,Tennessee d: 5 June 1894 where? marr. 6 Dec 1846 Richard W. Ellis b: 18 September 1821 Tennessee d: 20 June 1899 where?
Note: Richard went by R. W. Ellis and was a judge in Bentonville. Prior to living in Bentonville, he lived in Neosho, Missouri and was county clerk. He is credited with saving the county's records by hiding them just before he left to fight in the Civil War.
3. John Hicks Ellis b: June 1858 in Neosho, Newton, Missouri d: December 26, 1919 in Washington D. C. marr. June 22, 1892 in Washington D.C. Bessie Bittinger Williamson b: March 1874 in Washington D. C d: bet 1940-1950
4. Richard Williamson Ellis b: 5 Dec 1895 in Washington D. C. d: Oct 1982 in Scranton, Pennsylvania marr. 1. June 15, 1924 in Washington D.C. Esther Adeline Goodenow b: 1892 in Kalamazoo, Michigan d: 1954 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania marr. 2. in New York City bet.1955-1960 Kathryn Claggett b: 15 November 1909 where? d: 28 December 1999 Wilmington, Delaware
5. Richard Goodenow Ellis b: September 14, 1927 in New York, New York d: December 28, 2006 in Plant City, Hillsborough, Florida marr. living Ellis b: 1931
6. Living Ellis b: 1956