Search for content in message boards

Top 30 Most Popular Ferguson spelling variations.

Replies: 3

Top 30 Most Popular Ferguson spelling variations.

Posted: 1241209943000
Classification: Query
(Please also see my other post "Variations and mis-spellings of Ferguson" for project I am working on, and how YOU can help!).

Can't find YOUR Ferguson?

To assist in searches, below lists the 30 most frequently used Ferguson name variations (from most popular at top, to less popular at bottom). There are actually about 200 variations, with over 415,000 US Census records alone, but these 30 should be most helpful in researching.

Ferguson
Fergerson
Fargerson
Furgerson
Furguson
Furgeson
Fergason
Furgason
Fergeson
Fergurson
Fergusson
Forguson
Furgison
Fargason
Farguson
Forgerson
Fergison
Fergusen
Furgurson
Terguson (cursive "T" on record should have been an "F")
Fargerson
Furgusson
Targerson (cursive "T" on record should have been an "F")
Forgason
Furgesson
Forgeson
Fargeson
Fergesson
Fargusson
Fergusan

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. If you have and/or find family records, PLEASE correct any new or old records you may have. During my "Ferguson project", if I come across a name that has already been corrected (i.e., per family records), I will NOT change it any further. This will make my job SO MUCH EASIER (and even more accurate).
Go to record
Select "Comments and Corrections"
Select "Correction"
Update with correct name, nickname, maiden name, etc.
You are not required to leave a lengthy explanation, something like "per my family records" will do. Every record corrected will help someone else, and so on.

HINT: If you get many various responses, it may help to check the "Exact" box. However, this works best if you are using the last name only. Otherwise, the first and last name must match exactly.

Thanks so much, Pam
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
1nceaShawley 1241209943000 
awf1996 1277931476000 
Fabian805 1364834158000 
alfergus1 1371654048000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic