From Indiana County Will Book 3, page 389:
June 8, 1868, Letters of Administration on the estate of Daniel Fair, deceased, of Blacklick township, were granted to John Devinney (Mary Fair the widow renouncing). Sureties on the bond were John P. Fors, and Archibald Davis.
From Indiana County Orphans Court Docket book 8, page 85:
September term, 1868.
Petition of Augustus C. Fair, son of Daniel Fair, deceased, of Blacklick, stating that Daniel died about May 17, 1868, intestate, leaving a widow Mary Fair and ten children, viz:
1. Jemime, wife of George H. Cribbs of Blacklick township
2. Augustus C. living in Eauclair, Euclair County, Wisconsin.
3. Susannah, wife of William F. Earhart, of Clarksburg, Monetian County, Missouri.
4. Nancy, wife of Enos Mikesell, of Indiana County.
5. Margaret Jones, wif e of Isaac Householder, of Indiana County.
6. Theodore P. living in Nevada County, California.
7. Austin D., also there in Nevada County, California.
8. (Heirs Of) Eliza Mary, wife of William H. Dickey, of Indiana County.
9. Clarissa Matilda Fair, of Indiana County.
10. Daniel J. of Indiana County.
All these heirs were of age. Daniel Fair deceased had 140 acres in Blacklick township. Petition asks for an inquest and partition of this property, etc. (The inquest was held and the land was appraised at $5559.05).
Obituary Links Page http://www.obitlinkspage.com
Obituary Central http://www.obitcentral.com
Texas Marriages Search http://www.genlookups.com/texas_marriages/
Pennsylvania Marriages Search http://www.genlookups.com/pa_marriages/
Ohio Marriages Search http://www.genlookups.com/oh_marriages/