Search for content in message boards

Tom Day

Replies: 6

Re: Tom Day

Posted: 1369521951000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Meek, Day, Blanton, Hudson, Osborne, Wilson, Mears
Thanks for answering about Peter Day. My Great-Great-Great Grandfather John Meek, sold 100 acres of the Lemuel Blanton survey, which he had purchased in Collin County to Richard Day in 1857, before he moved to Wise County and later on to Erath County, Texas.

Also, I looked back at my records, it was a Joseph and Susan Day who are buried in the Brazos Point Cemetery in Somervell County. He was a circuit riding Methodist Minister. He lived in Collin County before coming to Brazos Point. The Harrison Stanford family along with that of his father-in-law, Joseph Day, moved to Johnson County (which adjoins Somervell Co.)in 1866. They settled about 18 miles southwest of Cleburne on a section of land beginning about a quarter mile due west from what is now know as "Five Oaks, about a mile east of the old Brazos Point River bridge. The first public crossing on the Brazos in that part of the county was on their land. The first official map of Cleburne shows West Henderson Street to be known as the Day Crossing Road.

There also was a Jefferson A. Day who served as the first postmaster of Brazos Point. Are any of these families related to Peter Day or to our Tom Day?

This information comes from a cousin of mine, Ella Lee Hudson Osborne, who wrote a self published book "In Remembrance of our Ancestors" from a newspaper column she published in the Glen Rose Reporter Newspaper. She grew up in the Brazos Point Community and married one of my Osborne cousins. She was related to Joseph Day, through Alice Francis Day, a daughter of Joseph Day. Alice Day married Washinton "Wash" Hudson. Alice was born August 10, 1866, and died young on February 10 1896. Alice and Wash had three sons, Jessie, Elmer, and Rube, also three daughers, Ethel, Earl, and Dora. Wash later married Fannie Wilson Mears, and they had one girl Ruth "Sis" Hudson.

Hope this helps with some of the Day family history.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
withersjr 963494942000 
J_Saltsgiver 1142296279000 
DFranks1 1348340266000 
jsalts71 1369268595000 
DFranks1 1369322989000 
jsalts71 1369521951000 
DFranks1 1554995481000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic