Search for content in message boards

Hardiman "Hardy" Crews/ Cruse/ Crewse

Replies: 0

Hardiman "Hardy" Crews/ Cruse/ Crewse

Posted: 1513100432000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crewse Crews Cruse
Please keep in mind, when researching YOUR Hardy Crews, that the name, although seemingly rare, was extremely common in the Crews/Crewse/Cruse family in the late 1700s/early 1800s. Most likely due to a common 17th/18th century ancestor, I have run across four separate, yet distantly related men all named "Hardiman/Hardy" Crews. Of those men, two were close to the same age and both of those men lived in eastern Tennessee. Another, younger one also lived in Eastern Tennessee, while the fourth ( a nephew of one, lived in western Tennessee) all during the same time frame. Two were born in Person/Caswell County, NC, one was born in Virginia and one was born in Tennessee.
1) None of those four married (nor were the son of) Phoebe Goochee. There is no viable proof that Phoebe was ever was the mother of a son.
2) One married Esther Maxey
3) Another one married Letha Hicks
4) None married Nancy Catherine Knox, although I am still looking for an actual record of this woman. I would love to connect with someone who has an actual record of her. NOT 45 matching family trees. Real records.
In trying to discover my line of Crewse, I have researched almost every Tennessee (and North Carolina/Virginia) Crews/Crewse/Cruse families in the last thirty years, and have found countless times where others have mixed up these four men all bearing the same name. Records, especially submitted to family trees, have been carelessly and incorrectly added before vetting.
Not trying to offend, just looking for answers, and hoping to help someone else wade through the mess.

Find a board about a specific topic