Search for content in message boards

SO THE SEARCH BEGINS.....AGAIN!!!...Waddy, Robert, Vinkler Cobb/Cobbs

Replies: 0

SO THE SEARCH BEGINS.....AGAIN!!!...Waddy, Robert, Vinkler Cobb/Cobbs

Posted: 1447708953000
Classification: Query
Surnames: COBB, COBBS, ADAMS, MERIWETHER,
Hello everyone...

For years I had thought that my husband came down the line from Edmund Cobbs (1738-1799 Bedford Virginia) through his son Waddy Cobbs....I have recently found where this is not the case....I am looking for any information in any of these areas...If you have any information you are willing to share I would much appreciate it OR if you are looking in the same areas as I am and want to work together on this I would be open to that as well...

1. I need sold proof of who Waddy Cobbs (b) 1770 in Virginia (d) 1824 in Columbiana Ohio, parents were. I have found leads that his parents may have been Robert Cobbs and Margaret?...Robert is said to have been born in 1735 in Virginia and died 1811 in Bedford Virginia. The Robert in question would have been married to a Mary Terrell and could have possibly been the son of Vinkler Cobbs and Judith Meriwether....I am looking for solid proof that Robert and Margaret are the parents of this particular Waddy Cobbs

2. I am looking for proof of what Margarets (Waddy's wife) maiden name would have been. I have seen where it could have been "Adams" and also "Watkins"...I can assure you IT IS NOT "GWATKINS" as I had originally thought....There were 2 Waddy's, both born in Virginia (one in 1770, Roberts son, and one in 1776, Edmunds son), both married a Margaret....I am looking for the last name of the Margaret who married Waddy Cobbs born 1770. Marriage records, Quaker records or records from a family bible..Anything along those line would be very helpful

3. I am looking for any solid proof of who Robert Cobbs father was. I have only found leads but no proof that his father may have been Vinkler Cobbs (b) 1706 in York Town Virginia and (d) 1763 in Hanover Co. Virginia..

Again, any information would be helpful...Thank you

Paula

Find a board about a specific topic