Search for content in message boards

Looking for family of George Clark

Replies: 0

Looking for family of George Clark

Posted: 1113876376000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1115157146000
Surnames: clark, clarke
Hi, my name is Aspen, and I am hoping to find some information about my family.
My grandfather was named George Clark, and he died from suicide in July of 1998 or 1999 in Washington State. I'm not positive if it was in Klickitat or Yakima. He was married to my grandmother Blanche Saunders and they had 3 children: Jon, George Patrick, and Dorcas. Their children were born in Klickitat County Washington. I am Jon's eldest daughter. He was also married to another woman in Colorado, and had at least one daughter.

The information I have is sketchy at best, but I can hope. <grin> My grandfather had something like 10 brothers and sisters. Here are the names I know: Dwayne (Duane?) Dale, Bill, and Stella. The last I knew, Stella lived in North Dakota, but I don't know her last name. I believe Bill and Dale are still in Washington State, but I don't know where. My great-grandparents were named George and possibly Elizabeth. Dad knew her as "Beth" - Elizabeth is an assumption. My great-grandfather owned one of the largest cattle ranches in Klickitat County, but I don't know when.

My father also mentioned an uncle he worked construction for in Colorado - his name was Elvin Earnest Clarke, he may have been in the navy, and everyone called him "Uncle Red". My dad thinks he died around 1966.

The only information I have about the spelling difference in our surname is that somewhere around 1915 the family split and left Scotland. One half of the family kept the "e", and the others didn't. Uncle Red was the only one of the Clarke's my dad ever met.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me via email at aspen.carr@verizon.net.

Thanks!
Aspen

Find a board about a specific topic