Wanda, I liked your info on Wm. Crosthwait and will return to him after I note one of those errors that gets pasted on and on... The Sarah that married John Hambleton (son of Dr. Mathew Hambleton of Orange CO VA. was a RIPPETO, THE DAUGHTER OF JOHN born c 1835 and Elizabeth (?).
Sarah's older sister, Elizabeth RIPPETO married Edward HAMBLETON c 09 AUG 1793 in Orange CO VA. Her father John wrote A NOTE TO COURT GIVING HIS PERMISSION FOR HER TO MARRY. Her brothers William and Peter were witnesses to their fathers'note. (No proof just my intuition.)
ï»¿In 1801, Edward HAMBLETON was chosen guardian by Sarah RIPPETO, "Elizabeth's natural child". I had thought that this Elizabeth RIPPETO was the one that Edward HAMBLETON married. (Elizabeth was born 1760-1765, so was old enough to have a daughter of age to marry.) However, after the use of the word spinster in the original consent note when Edward and Elizabeth were married, I believe Elizabeth had not been married before and that Sarah and Elizabeth RIPPETO) HAMBLETON were sisters. (Sarah RIPPETO married John HAMBLETON the 27 AUG 1801.)
Back to William Crosthwait. Their are five referance to him in Spotsylvania CO VA Records, Book by CROZIER
(1) Wm. Witnesses a Deed from Thomas Jackson to David Tinsley of Carolina CO VA the
04 JUL 1732. (DB.B, np.#.) WM.Phillips,and John Rucker.
(2) On the 4 JUN 1734, Wm. witness another deed, John Rucker to William Rucker land in St. George Parrish of Spts. CO VA. Thomas Chew and Wm. Bartlet are also witnesses. (DB C, no p.#)
(3) APR 25 1738, William of Orange CO VA buys 115 acres from Anthony(x) Golston of Spts. CO VA. Wts. Richard Pickering, James Raling, and Adam Gordon. (DB C, Np #)
(4) William Crosswert and Millie his wife of Culpeper CO VA sell to Paul MacClarna of St. George Parrish, 115 acres on 22 OCT 1761. (DB. F, No page #.)
(5) Paul(x)MacClarney of St. George Parrish, Mortgaged to
John Mitchell & CO. a Merchant in Stps CO VA, 208 acres, land whereon McClarney lives. Land purchased from William Crosthwait and John Pitt. 19 APR 1771 (DB D, np.#)
John Pitts and Ann his wife of Orange CO VA sell to Paul McClary 100 acres in Spts CO VA, 29 SEP 1764 (DB F Np #)
Have you checked the Va Pattent records?
New e-Mail add: firstname.lastname@example.org