Search for content in message boards

+Thomas Cartwright & Mary Jenkins of Smith County, TN.

Replies: 5

Re: +The Error Thomas Cartwright & Mary Jenkins of Smith County, TN. Family Trees

Posted: 1533335467000
Classification: Query
2018-08-03. It is sad that I am writing again to simply repeat what I have written before. The use of Thomas Cartwright and Mary Jenkins of Smith County, TN continues to be added to trees for Thomas Cartwright and Mary Unknown of Blount County, TN. Thomas was the son of Matthew Cartwright and Jane (Lee) Tippett; she being married to Phillip Tippett III (I am not quite sure of his #), and Phillip died in Halifax County, NC abt 1772 based on his will. It is apparent that Matthew and Jane married with a couple of years for they signed deeds together and there are family dynamics that link her sons, Erastus Lee and Erasmus Lee (possible twins) to Matthew Cartwright and later to Thomas Cartwright.
Erastus and Thomas are seen in close proximity in records as early as 1800 in Blount. Erastus was always on the move and he apparently moved - perhaps first with his brother Erasmus to Roane County, TN and Erastus is in Lawrence County, TN by abt 1820.
Meanwhile a will for Thomas shows he must have d abt 1814 back in Blount. There are few Blount records but we know where his widow and children are NOT! They are not yet with Erastus.
I have written many tree owners asking them to please remove Mary Jenkins for she and Thomas and their children outlived the Blount Thomas by many years. The Blount Thomas Cartwright's widow and children moved west and ended up in Tippah County, MS. I have researched this family for decades and can't understand why people don't at least check out the records I point out to them. By the way, I have been unable to determine the origin of the Thomas and Mary Jenkins. I have received no dna matches to that line from Ancestry.
Accuracy is everything in our ancestry! S.C. McKenzie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Shirley McKen... 1479756400000 
Trish Frederi... 1496203846000 
Shirley McKen... 1496245181000 
Trish Frederi... 1496460072000 
Shirley McKen... 1522522887000 
Shirley McKen... 1533335467000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic