Search for content in message boards

William Porter Carroll b. 1875 Clarke/Loudoun Co.

Replies: 0

William Porter Carroll b. 1875 Clarke/Loudoun Co.

Posted: 1509324010000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carroll/Carrell
There was a Sanford Carrell b. 1744. He had a son Dempsey Porter Carrell (Carroll) b. 1774. These "Carrell's" also went by the spelling Carroll.

Wm. Porter Carroll b. 1875 in Loudoun/Clarke (on the border of the two counties). His father was Wm. Carroll, grandfather John Jackson Carroll b. 1801 and great grandfather was Patrick Carroll b. 1760. I have not been able to go further back than Patrick, nor have I been able to determine how Wm. Porter Carroll got his middle name, but the only Carroll (Carrell with the name of Porter was this Demsey "Porter" Carrell. It would seem that somehow this Porter name was carried on and that it is possible that Wm. Porter Carroll may come from the same line as Demsey Porter Carrell. It is the only two times I have seen the Porter name used with Carrolls outside of the fact that later generations of the Sanford Carrell family did continue the Porter name as they moved westward into KY and further west.

My question is whether anyone knows whether there is a connection between the Partrick Carroll line and the Sandford Carrell and his son Demsey Porter Carrell line?

Any thoughts on this?

Find a board about a specific topic