I finally discovered that my Cannady's did not come from MARS, as I had begun to think. My line that I can trace so far:
1. James Thomas Canady 15 SEP 1834-26 JUN 1926 m. Mary Lewis abt 1858 in Hickman County. Both died and are buried in Hickman County, Tennessee.
1. Alice Caroline Canady 16 AUG 1860-11 AUG 1938 m. William Anderson Hudspeth 4 SEP 1860 in Hickman County, TN. Had at least 9 children. Both died and are buried in Hickman County.
2. Amelia J Canady b abt 1861
3. Mary Canady b abt 1862
4. William Robert Cannady 12 SEP 1863-1938 m Ida Mae Hassell 16 SEP 1886 in Hickman County. Had children Walter, Melver, Mervin, William Porter, Elton Hall, Allen, Schley, John, Harden, Dana, Doyle and Hassell. Both died and are buried in Granite, Greer County, Oklahoma.William and Ida are my great grandparents.
5. James Madison Canady 13 May 1867-31 OCT 1930 died and buried in Hickman County, Tennessee.
I cannot determine where James was born or who his parents were. Is anyone else researching this line? Any help would be appreciated!