Search for content in message boards

Parley Bush in 1860 Census for Massena, NY

Replies: 0

Parley Bush in 1860 Census for Massena, NY

Linda Scott (View posts)
Posted: 1136686933000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bush, Dodge, Hutchins, Wilson, Morgan
On the 1860 Federal Census for Massena, St. Lawrence County, NY (Series M653, Roll 855, page 656) I found three households of Bush families. One of those is a Parley Bush, who appears to have been born about 1824 in NY.

Now, I already had a Parley Bush in my records, who was born 4 Mar 1809 in Massena, St. Lawrence County, NY; but these are obviously not the same person. I would like to find a connection between these two Parley Bushes. I would also like to find their parents.

The Parley Bush (born 1809) married Maria A. Hutchins in Massena in 1832. She was born 8 Jun 1816 on Long Sault Isle, d/o John Hutchins and Eleanor Morgan. They had a daughter Julietta A. Bush, b. 21 Nov 1833 in Massena, who married William Henry Dodge, b. 26 Jan 1840 in Massena, s/o John Ellison Dodge and Ann Wadsworth Hutchins (also a d/o John Hutchins and Eleanor Morgan) making them first cousins. Parley and Maria had six other children, but not one named Parley, Jr.

Now the other Parley Bush (born 1824) married Julia A. Dodge, b. abt 1828, d/o Jeremiah Dodge and Josett. Her father appears on the same census page two households up. And her brother John Dodge, b. 1834 in Massena (married to Juliettte Smith) appears further down the page.

Also on the same page are the households of Amasa Bush, b. abt 1822 and Charles W. Bush, b. abt 1830. Charles W. Bush married Clarinda Dodge, b. 12 Dec 1838 in Massena, d/o Eli Dodge and Emiline Wilson. Eli and Jeremiah Dodge were brothers, making Clarinda and Julia (wife of Parley Bush, born 1824) first cousins.

I suspect that these Bush men are brothers or cousins however I have been unable to determine their parents. Does anyone have any information on these fellows?

Find a board about a specific topic