This is the basic outline of the family as I've pieced it together. Help me correct and/or verify, please.
Solomon Bunch (b. ca. 1815/1820) in Mississippi or possibly South Carolina, his wife is listed as Eva, Elvina, and Betty in the '50, '60 and '70 census' respectively, rootsweb entries have her name as Elizabeth Fisher (b. ca. 1832/36).
His brother is Joseph Bunch who married Roxie Kellum, their mother was Matilda. They lived together in Attala County, MS. Solomon and family are in Leake Co. MS in the 1850 census.
Elizabeth Fisher apparently married John Cotton (b ca. 1815) after 1870.
She is in the 1870 census (listed as Betty) and later appears in the 1880 (Attala) with
John Cotton and 4 children.
Apparently, the first two children, John Washington (b. 1869) and Mary J (b. 1864) are Solomon's children, based on birth dates and several rootsweb entries that have John Washington Bunch as the son of Solomon Bunch and Elizabeth Fisher. The other two children are John and Elizabeth's children.
I've done the best I could with the census records, rootsweb entries, message boards etc., and have
came up with at least a potential list of his and her children. Sadly I don't think a bible record exists, at least not one I could come across. I'm looking for any kind of a bite here, one of these may be a cousin, it's possible one could be Joe and Roxie Bunch's children who were working on the farm at the time etc.
Along with the two children mentioned previously here are all 12 possibilities I found:
(10 are found in Solomon's household in census records from '50-'70)
1. M S (Female) b. 1845 (she only appears in the 1850 census)
2. E (Female) b. 1848 (she only appears in the 1850 census)
3. Joseph b ca. 1849-1852 (this individual is my best guess after years of trying to find my great great grandfather. If I'm correct, this could be Joseph G Bunch who married Josephine Stone, I could be wrong but at the least a pretty good guess) (he appears in the 1850, 1860 and later in the 1870 with a Suggs family)
4. Nancy b. ca. 1852-1856 (She appears in the 1860 and 1870 census)
5. Mary b. 1854 (this could be Joe and Roxie's Mary but she's in the 1870 with Solomon)
6. Ann b. 1856 (she only appears in the 1870)
7. Joseph b. 1858 (he only appears in the 1870)
8. Angie b. 1858 (she only appears in the 1870)
9. Solomon b Aug 1859 (I've found him in the '60,'70,'80 and 1900) he married Mary C Mabry, children were
Calhoun (b 1883) and Florence (b 1884)
10. John Washington Aug 1860 (appears in the 1880 listed with last name, Cotton) married Annie Jane Johnson. He's in Sebastian Co. Arkansas in the 1900.
11. Jan (male) b. 1862 (this could be John Washington, in the 1870 the name is transcribed by Ancestry as Jan. I looked at it, it very well could be John, I suppose.
12. Mary J b. 1864 (she and John Washington appear only in the 1880 with John Cotton)
so that's 12 possibilites, it's very difficult to find the females who were probably married off before keeping the name Bunch through 2 consecutive census takings. (The exception being Nancy). The males, Joseph, Solomon and John Washington obviously were easier to cross reference. The 2nd Joseph born in 1858 (#7 in the list above) is a complete mystery.
Solomon Bunch (b. 1815/1820 in MS or SC) must have died between (1870 and 1872). That's my best guess.
Anyhow, this list has to be somewhat useful for at least one other person, so I'm sharing it.