Hello Boylan researchers,
I am trying to find descendants of a Boylan family originating in Aughaglasheen on the Belmullet peninsula in County Mayo, Ireland.
John Boylan was born about 1865 in Co Mayo and he married Mary Munnelly (b. 1876 in Tallaghanduff, Co. Mayo). They married in Geesala in April 1897. They lived in Aughaglasheen and had 11 children, listed below. I think some of the children may have emigrated to USA, I also know that some of the boys were garda (policemen) in Ireland. Apparently the sons were tall men.
Here are the children of John and Mary:
- Bridget, born 1898 - she married James Coyle on 12 Jan 1926.
- John, born abt 1899
- Michael, born 23 June 1901
- Thomas, born abt 1903
- James, born abt 1905
- Laurence, born abt 1907. Became garda seargeant in Carrigart, Co. Donegal.
- Mary, born abt 1909
- Edward, born 1911 or after
- Nora, born 1911 or after
- Margaret, born 1911 or after
- Anthony, born 1911 or after.
If anyone has any links to this family I would love to hear from you.