Search for content in message boards

Gregory Belcher b1606 Descends Meetup at the Adams National Park Quincy MA 10/7/15

Replies: 2

Gregory Belcher b1606 Descends Meetup at the Adams National Park Quincy MA 10/7/15

Posted: 1437194069000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Angel, Angle, Belcher, Billings, Brackett, Damon, Estes, Harbour, Holbrook, Johnstone, Joy, Locke, Wild,
I know there are a lot of people descended from Gregory Belcher and Catherine Alcock who immigrated from England and lived in Braintree MA. As many of you may know, in 1666 he built a home for his son that stands today in Quincy, MA.

This home is just 75 feet from the Adams home where President John Adams was born (abt 1735). The Belcher home was eventually purchased by John and Abigail Adams who wrote for decades about his interest in the property because of how it was situated. Their son, John Quincy Adams, was born in this house. These homes are said to be among the most significant birthplaces in the U.S.

I am very excited to be visiting these homes for the first time October 7th, 2015 about noon or so (time to be better determined as the date nears). We'll be coming in from a New England Cruise. I would love to have an informal gathering of other Belcher descendents just to meet, say hello and take pictures. Nothing more structured than that.

Any cousins interested. I know of at least 4 direct descendents that I have been in touch with over the years that still live in the area. (Amazing.)

Let me know if you might be able to meet up that day or maybe we may just run into you.

Laurie Angel
lcangel@charter.net
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lcangel 1437194069000 
lcangel 1444877016000 
Jonathan Eise... 1569718910000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic