For my M.A. thesis of American Studies, I researched the journal of Maria Bayard(1789-10/25/1875)'s tour of France in 1815. For an upcoming conference I am now looking for a painting of her.
She was the daughter of William Bayard (NY) and Elizabeth Cornell. She married Duncan Pearsall Campbell (NY) on 06/16/1817 and they raised 10 children:
- Elizabeth Bayard Campbell (1808-09/25/1841)
- Sarah Ann Campbell (1810-?)
- William Bayard Campbell (1812-?), married Maria Cross
- Thomas Pearsall Campbell (1814-11/25/1906), first wife Catherine CD Hearsay, second wife Mary Amelia Wilde
- Duncan Campbell (1816)
- Robert Bayard Campbell (1818-12/15/1883)
- Catherine Bayard Campbell (1820-07/02/1904)
- Henry Pearsall Campbell (1822-01/01/1911)
- Maria Louisa Campbell (1824/31-05/28/1911)
- Edward Campbell (1826-?)
If one of these people is your ancestor or if you know anyone I may contact to find a picture of Maria Bayard, please let me know.