Search for content in message boards

Bessie Johnson Bartlett 1874-1954

Replies: 0

Bessie Johnson Bartlett 1874-1954

Posted: 1482158338000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson Bartlett dearsley
I was wondering if anyone could help I am trying to find more information about my 3 x great nan and have completely hit a brick wall.

The information I have is :
Bessie Johnson Bartlett born 1874 in sherborne, Dorset. She married a Jonathan dearsley in Christchurch, Norwood, surrey in 1897. Her father is listed as Joseph Johnson Bartlett and his occupation was a soldier.

I have not been able to find her birth records anywhere and I have tried different names such as Elizabeth, Ellen etc and using just one of the surnames and still nothing. I have also spoken to the sherborne record office and they haven't been able to find anything with the information I have either.

The Dorset history centre also did a search looking for Bessie's that were born in the area with just the mum registered with the birth and an unknown father. But again nothing was found. They believe she may have been adopted or was born with a different name completely.

I cannot find her on the census before she was married and I cannot find her father Joseph anywhere either.

If anyone has any suggestions or has searched this line it would be greatly appreciated!

Find a board about a specific topic