Search for content in message boards

Hiram H Barker, b abt 1852 Illinois

Replies: 0

Hiram H Barker, b abt 1852 Illinois

Posted: 1266431083000
Classification: Query
Hello. I have documents issued to Hiram H Barker, B abt 1852 in IL. and I am trying to find his connection to my family. He was known as Uncle Hi. My great grandma is Pamelia Ann Barker, born 1874 in Peoria, IL. Her father was William A Barker, born 1825, I believe in LaFayette CO., OH. Hiram H Barker is not found on any of the census lists with my known family.

The only one I find a Hiram H Barker on is 1860 in the household of Jackson Barker in Clay CO., IL in 1870 there is a Henry H Barker in that household. By 1876 "My" Hiram H Barker is buying land in Stearns, CO. MN, near St. Cloud, where a Hiram H Barker is shown in the US Census. I have the purchase contract and warrantee deed from that transaction. In 1907 Hiram H Received a homestead in Coulee, ND. I have the certificate for that. The documents I speak of were in the possession of my grandmother at her death. Her name is Bessie Bernice Cruise. Her mother was Pamelia "Millie" Barker of whom I spoke before and Benjamin Wallace Cruise. It just doesn't seem like Hiram H was a brother of my great grandma.

If it helps there was also an "Uncle Will Barker" but I don't know whether he and Hiram were brothers or not.

So I know there is a family connection, I just can't nail it down.

If anyone can help me make the connection i will be very grateful and glad to share whatever else I have.

Thanks,
Kirk Bogle

Find a board about a specific topic