Search for content in message boards

Looking for the parents of James W. Allen born 24 Jun 1825 in Montgomery County, Alabama

Replies: 0

Looking for the parents of James W. Allen born 24 Jun 1825 in Montgomery County, Alabama

Posted: 1559328853000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dunkin, Gregory
James W. Allen is my 2nd Great. His son Andrew Jackson "Pete" Allen my 1st great was murdered in Lee County Texas July 14th 1884 at the age of 31. Pete's wife Thersey Jane Gregory moved away leaving my grandfather John Willis, and his brother Ed at an orphanage. James W. found them there and took them in, working them hard in the fields like indentured servants. Any information would be appreciated. James W. may have been born in Georgia or even South Carolina. His middle name might be Whitfield or Willis. He married Sarah Caroline Dunkin on April 9, 1845, in Randolph County, Alabama. Their son John Willis was born in Alabama in 1855 and daughter Eliza Ann was born in Texas in 1858, so they moved to Texas between those times. James W. was the 1st Post Master of Bastrip County. He has 2 potter shops, one made clay pipe the other jugs and such that are now hard to find and valuable.

Find a board about a specific topic