Search the Boards

Search Results for "coolaney" - 174 Messages

per page

McCarrick Posted on: 02 Nov 2000, by  sylviamccarri...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Unknown

Looking for Martin McCarrick who left Rockfield, Coolaney, Co Sligo, Ireland for the USA. about the 1900's. He married Maria Derrig 1895 in Ballymote RC Church, Co Sligo. Maria died 1898 in Rockfield, Coolaney, Co Sl...

SNEE Family Posted on: 17 Jan 2000, by  psnee

Surnames > Snee

...that there are others interested in the same surname. My Grandfather, Patrick Joseph Snee was born in Coolaney, Co. Sligo, Ireland in 1864. He came to Lanarkshire, Scotland, and married Sarah Clark in West Ca...

McCarrick Posted on: 02 Nov 2000, by  sylviamccarri...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Unknown

Looking for Martin McCarrick who left Rockfield, Coolaney, Co Sligo, Ireland, for the USA. sometime around about the 1900's. He was born 1871 Co Sligo. His father was also call Martin, occupation Farmer, a br...

Snee Name Posted on: 07 Feb 2000, by  psnee

Surnames > Snee

Hello, Chad, My immediate branch of the family stems from Coolaney, Co.Sligo in the mid-1980's ( next door to Co. Mayo) My Grandfather, Patrick Joseph came to Scotland in 1890's looking for work in the coal m...

Cloongoonagh, Kilmacteige Parish, Co. Sligo - O'Hara family Posted on: 16 Feb 2000, by  jeanrice

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Sligo > General

...Irish families. In the middle of the 14th century the sept formed two divisions, the O'Haras Buidhe of Coolaney and Annaghmore, and the O'Haras Reagh of Ballyhara. Subordinate chiefs of the name resided at Me...

Elizabeth Meredith Posted on: 11 Mar 2000, by  LGilmore5224

...searching for an Elizabeth Meredith who married William Duke Gilmore in Co Sligo. She came from Cloonamahon, Coolaney and wehave a copy of the Meredith Castle there. William Duke Gilmore came from Ballymote i...

Coolaney vs Collooney Posted on: 10 Mar 2000, by Michael Tobin

Jean, Coolaney and Collooney are 2 different towns in Sligo. regards Michael

Re: Simpson Posted on: 17 Feb 2006, by  Marion948

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Antrim > General

...in the County Sligo area. Went to Ireland 2 years ago and met some of my relatives still living in Coolaney. Your ancestor could possibly be a relation. Do you know anything else about your ancestor? Oh...

Mother was a Gannon Posted on: 15 Mar 2000, by Joseph Keary

Surnames > Gannon

My mom, Anna Winifred (Gannon) Keary, was born in NYC in 1919. Her mother, Anna, was from Coolaney (sp?), County Sligo, IRE. We went to visit her Uncle Mike and Aunt Ellen in Sligo back in 1966. Several Ganno...

Re: Lipsett family in Ireland??? Posted on: 03 Oct 2001, by  ProfColf

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > General

My grandfather, Frank Lipsett, left Coolaney, Co. Sligo, in 1904 and came to the states through Ellis Island. His family remains there to this day in the same ancestral home. His nephew, Liam Lipsett, is el...

Margaret Meehan-Sligo, Ireland Posted on: 13 Feb 2000, by Gigi

Surnames > Meehan

The following list of Margaret Meehans was sent to me recently. I think(?) my g-grandmother is Margarittam........ I know she was born in Cty Sligo in 1867...... If so, does anyone out there recognize...

Re: Thomas Joseph McCarrick Posted on: 10 Jul 2003, by  KathyFS

Surnames > McCarrick

...enough to find! The areas in Sligo, where most of them lived are the towns of: Cloonacool: Loughill; Coolaney; Aclare and Carnaleck. The McCarrick's are a very elusive group, but I'll try to help ...

My Snee Family Posted on: 26 Apr 2000, by  psnee

Surnames > Snee

...old enough some days (:-)). My Great Grandfather was James Snee ( a farmer) married to Mary Higgins in Coolaney on 2nd April 1849. He had , at least, one brother, Patrick, born in Kiloran, Co. Sligo. My own ...

Re: Philip McKim and the Branchfield Mckims Posted on: 13 Apr 2005, by  btakelly

Surnames > McKim

...looking for information on my descendants. My mother was Carmel McKim and born on Branchfield Farm, Coolaney in Co. Sligo. I go there often. I read one of your replies saying that you had information on them....

Kemmitt Posted on: 03 May 2000, by  tawnagh

...Kimmit(t), Kimit- I have been across lived in Taunagh (Tawnagh), Riverstown, Sligo town, Collooney, Calry, Coolaney, Ballygawley, Ballymote or Aghanagh. All theses places are in a 20 square miles area. A Mich...

1851 census extract co sligo Posted on: 27 Mar 2006, by mick cullen

Surnames > Cullen

...all in the parish of Killoran, Barony of Leyny in the county of sligo. This is beside the villages of Coolaney and Rockfield. Please email me at mick.cullen@gmail.com if you can make a connection. Mick Culle

Patrick Joseph Farry Posted on: 17 Feb 2001, by James e. Farry Jr.

Surnames > Farry

My grandfather, Patrick Joseph Farry, emigrated from Coolaney, County Sligo, Ireland around 1892. After working in Pennsylvania, he settled in Buffalo NY and married Bridget Wynne. He had one brother named Da...

Gallagher - Marren, and others Posted on: 29 Mar 1999, by  jeanrice

Hi, I mostly have information from 1860s, some before, some after. The LDS (Mormon) Family History Centers have millions of records on Irish as well as worldwide. The centers are free and open to the ...

Landowners, Co. Sligo, 1870s Posted on: 05 Mar 1999, by  jeanrice

...Dublin, owned 674 acres in Co. Sligo valued at 370 pounds. 6. Capt. Meredith Thompson, address Knockadoo, Coolaney, owned 1,389 acres in Co. Sligo valued at 666 pounds 10 shillings. 7. Robert Thompson, addres...

Co. Sligo Landowners Posted on: 28 Feb 1999, by  jeanrice

...owned 503 acres in Co. Sligo valued at 447 pounds 7 shillings. 7. Master Meredith, address Cloonamahon, Coolaney, owned 1,325 acres in Co. Sligo valued at 283 pounds 9 shillings. 8. Thos. J. Meredith, Reps of...

Co. Sligo landowners Posted on: 13 Feb 1999, by  jeanrice

...Bray, owned 1,573 acres in Co. Sligo valued at 279 pounds 15 shillings. 9. Denis Dolan, address Cappagh, Coolaney, owned 556 acres in Co. Sligo valued at 108 pounds 14 shillings. 10. George White Douglas, add...

Kemble/Kemmet/Kimit, similar - Fullerton/Healy/Davy/Mitchael/Connolly/Clarke/Foly/Ogara/McGetrick Posted on: 31 May 1999, by  jeanrice

Per LDS (Mormon) Family History Center microfiched IGI index, the following individuals lived in Co. Sligo, Ireland. (See FHC for two other entries which were blurred on my photocopy). 1. Myra Kemble...

parish of Coolaney? Posted on: 21 Jan 1999, by Michael Tobin

The Lipsett name occurs in the parish of Coolaney which is roughly in the centre of Co. Sligo. Not sure of where else in the county it occurs. I believe its pronounced Lipsey.

Coolaney/Tubercurry Posted on: 01 Mar 1999, by Michael Fryer

...Roscommon, much to my surprise this is what I have discovered: James Fryer b.1888 in Summerton,District of Coolaney in the Union of Tubbercurry, County Sligo to John Fryer and Bridget O'Brien. So I am start...

Rock - Anderson/Ohara/Devans/Coen/Haraghy/Martin Posted on: 28 Mar 1999, by  jeanrice

...Sligo, Calry, Roman Catholic. 6. Mary Rock born 09 Sept 1865 to James Rock and Mary Haraghy, Co. Sligo, Coolaney. 7. Mary Elizabeth Rock born 1836, ?parents, (spouse, Antonio Anselmo Martin), Co. Sligo, Sligo...

SNEE Family Posted on: 06 Aug 2000, by  psnee

My Great Grandfather, James Snee ( farmer ) married Mary Higgins in Coolaney ( Kiloran Parish ) on Feb 4th 1864.

Re: Parents of Ann McGettrick Posted on: 09 Oct 2001, by  KathySimons44

Surnames > McGettrick

...McGettrick, but she lived from 1771-1864). She married John McCarrick (1777-1837). They were from Coolaney, Co. Sligo. At least it might give you a direction to go in. Good Luck

Re: Masterson brothers/Co. Sligo/Ireland Posted on: 01 Dec 2006, by  patcas007

Surnames > Masterson

I have a ggfather thomas cassidy of Coolaney, County Sligo, Ireland who had a sister Bridgit Cassidy that married Thomas Masterson around 1880 in Ireland. I think they had a son Eugene who had a son Thomas a...

Re: Private Henry CULLEN, Clayton-le-Moors Posted on: 19 Mar 2007, by  mickcullen1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Lancashire > General

...cullen born 1877, son of Peter and Isabella Cullen of Durham, and grandson of Henry and Bridget Cullen of Coolaney, Co Sligo who may match. Please feel free to contact me at mick.cullen@gmail.com Mick

Re: Snee geneology Posted on: 05 Jun 2007, by  klcoleman

Surnames > Snee

...Snee and Sarah Goarn Kilkelly, Swineford, Mayo James Snee 12/11/1865 to James Snee and Mary Higgins Coolaney, Tobercurry, Sligo James Snee 3/12/1878 to James Snee and Bridget Gallagher in Tobercurry, Toberc...

Re: Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 28 Sep 2007, by  Robin1vgbd0cj...

Surnames > Snee

I came across the name Jimmy Snee today on line from a search that was underway in 2005 with Dana Murphy-Parker and the Snee's from Sligo Cty IRL. I was a neighbor in Atlanta of James Edmund Snee III ...

Re: Woodland family from County Sligo in Ireland Posted on: 22 Mar 2008, by  BFogwell

Surnames > Woodland

I just learned the following about my John Woodland, who was born about 1862 in Sligo and emigrated to the state of Massachusetts in the U.S. in the early 1880s. - His parents were Archibald and Kate...

Re: Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 15 Jan 2008, by  danhsnee

Surnames > Snee

hello. i realise this thread is getting on a bit now but a random scan turned it up. i am dan snee, my father is jim snee. not the jim snee in your emails but no doubt an ancestor! my mum has done a b...

Re: Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 08 Apr 2008, by  Diane Eagle

Surnames > Snee

My Great Great Grandparents were Bridget Dunlevy who married Richard Snee and Catherine McDermott who married Richard Frain. Their children, Luke Snee and Winnie Frain married and had 5 children. The ...

Re: Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 16 Jan 2008, by  danhsnee

Surnames > Snee

ok, i'll ask my mum to dig out her family tree stuff, seeif its of any use to you.

Re: Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 23 Feb 2008, by  ko379

Surnames > Snee

Hi David, I will check out the sites you mentioned and get back to you -- probably tomorrow. There is an Andrew Snee buried in Kilvarnet Cemetery where my Snee gr-grandparents are rumored to be buried...

Re: Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 09 Apr 2008, by  danamurphypar...

Surnames > Snee

Robin, This truly amazing. Yes I am related to Jimmy Snee, your friend. Jimmy's Dad also was named Jim Snee and he was married to Jeanette. This Dad Jim Snee was the son of James Snee who was the brot...

Re: Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 15 Jan 2008, by  ko379

Surnames > Snee

Hi Dan, Even though this thread is getting a bit old, I'm still hunting for them!! I've not run across any Dutch link so far. This particular line goes back into the 1700's in Ireland but I'm open to ...

Re: Info. on Co. Sligo surnames Posted on: 12 Feb 2008, by  kg141

...mention. Do you know where in Sligo they came from? My grandfather was Thomas Haran born in Cappagh Coolaney in 1872. There were quite a few Haran families in Coolaney and more round Drumcliffe

Re: Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 08 Apr 2008, by  ko379

Surnames > Snee

Hi Diane, No, I'm sorry to say, none of those names are familiar to me. We don't have any Richards or Lukes in our Snee line. We just have to keep looing for those Snees!!! Regards, Kathleen

Re: Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 22 Mar 2008, by  ko379

Surnames > Snee

Thanks David. I didn't have that one. I have an original pc that my great aunt sent from Coolaney in 1914 (I think). It is of the church that is now called St Joseph but then was Sacred Heart. If you'd like a...

Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 13 Oct 2000, by  ko315

Surnames > Snee

My grmother was Marianne (later Anna Marie) Snee, b. 1885, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, Ireland. dtr of Daniel Snee, 1846-c1914 -- son of James Snee, d. c1891. Marianne's siblings were: Catherine (1886-195...

Re: Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 23 Feb 2008, by  davidahunt61

Surnames > Snee

Oh, there is another site that might be of interest to you: http://www.leitrim-roscommon.com/1901census/census.shtml cheers, David

Re: Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 23 Feb 2008, by  davidahunt61

Surnames > Snee

...http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/IRL-SLIGO/2000-01/0949103572 I am looking into the Hunt name, my GreatGrandfather was the Doctor at Coolaney from 1888 - ?. His house maid witnessed the wedding (or at le...

Re: Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 22 Mar 2008, by  davidahunt61

Surnames > Snee

Here is a postcard of Coolaney; you might not have it already? There is mention of the surname Snee in Michael Farry's book "Killoran and Coolaney - a local history". Michael was kind enough to send me a ...

Re: Snee family, Creevaun, Coolaney, Co. Sligo, IRL Posted on: 08 Apr 2008, by  Diane Eagle

Surnames > Snee

Darn! I had hoped to find a long lost cousin. My Grandfather use to say if you find a Snee their related to you somehow. But I wonder at his wisdom as when I was in Ireland a few years ago I saw a Sn...

Re: dolans Posted on: 14 Dec 2007, by  mariehicks58

My Dolan's are from Sligo John was my Great Grandfather and he had a brother Denis who married Bridget Brennan.They were landlords in Cappagh,Coolaney,, any connection?

Re: dolans Posted on: 14 Dec 2007, by  mariehicks58

My Dolan's are from Sligo John was my Great Grandfather and he had a brother Denis who married Bridget Brennan.They were landlords in Cappagh,Coolaney,, any connection?

Re: Info. on Co. Sligo surnames Posted on: 18 Aug 2008, by  pmmkmccabe

Hello I am not directly related to the Kivlehan's (& Davies) of Coolaney, Sligo (& New York), but I will ask around about these names. My wife's Killoran grandparents were from Tubbercurry. Thanks Pat...

Patrick McFerran Posted on: 29 Sep 2008, by  dlmcferran

Surnames > McFerran

...in the 1766 and immigrated to the USA in the late 1700s. He married Polly O'Hara who immigrated from Coolaney, Sligo Co, Connacht Province. My line is Patrick->James->Samuel Nelson->Daniel->Frank...

per page