Search for content in message boards

Help - Translation for Saarland documents

Replies: 1

Help - Translation for Saarland documents

Posted: 1570893248000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ludwig Hargarter
I've run into a brick wall with some ancestors who were born in the Saarland, in what is today Germany. In that time/location there were evidently a LOT of people with the surname Ludwig so it's difficult to confidently ascertain which specific Ludwigs were my ancestors.

I've come across a couple documents that I'm fairly confident reference my ancestors Nikolaus Ludwig and Barbara Hargarter, but after reviewing these documents its clear that there's a lot more information contained in them than has been translated and indexed on ancestry.com. I've spend hours trying to sort this out word by word with google translate, but I'm not familiar enough with the script of the time to be able to decipher the handwritten 19th Century Germany script--that's really the important part. It's some of the non-indexed information that I'm most interested in. For instance, one of the documents seems to indicate that Nikolaus Ludwig was born in Paris. That would lend credence to an old family history I found that states this couple were "married in France," without providing any further information.

Are there services that translate such things? Is it possible to request that ancestry do a more thorough index? Can anyone help?

I've attached the two documents in case anyone is interested (Note: each of the documents contains two entries; in both cases its the second/bottom one that pertains to my family).

Thank you kindly,
Alex
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
alexnd05 1570893248000 
wahawker 1570907618000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic