Search for content in message boards

Swedish Finns?

Replies: 1

Swedish Finns?

Posted: 1512345158000
Classification: Query
Surnames: lunberg
Hi, I have taken several DNA tests and they all have the general consensus that I'm between 5 and 13% Finnish.

I am eastern European, 21%, but none of my cousins on my Eastern European side who I know personally have shown up with any Finnish. I'm also nearly half German and a quarter Irish but none of these matches share Finnish either.

The only likely culprit that I can find are a family of Swedes from Southernmost Sweden. This is the family of my mom's father's Grandmother. The last name is Lunberg. I've gathered their tree up somewhat far and can't find any last or first names that point to Finland.

However, all the matches who I share Finnish with share this ancestor with me. My mom's father seems to be exclusively Dutch and English.

I know Swedes and Finn's are very different genetically. But that leads to my question:

TLDR: My question here is basically: what is the likelihood that a family from Southernmost Sweden with exclusively Swedish last names were primarily genetically Finnish?

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kathleen Scha... 1512345158000 
wolofson1 1512347565000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic