Hello, I am trying to connect my earliest known relative, Christian Bollrud, to his parents/birth location/immigration and earlier generations. Unfortunately, there are simply too many various spellings of his last name and first name for me to successfully search on and I’ve hit a brick wall in my research.
Here’s what I know:
CHRISTIAN BOLLRUD: b. 1855 (Norway); d. 13 Jan 1913 (La Crosse, WI);
m. LENA SIEBURG: b. 1858 (Norway); d. 1946. Some records show her as (LINA ANDREWSEN OR NELSON)
They were likely in WI before 1881, and I have found evidence that he resided in La Crosse, WI from at least 1891 (lived at 702 or 706 Mill street). The family also resided at 1208 Avon Street from 1903 to 1913. LENA BOLLRUD moved to 1451 Avon St, La Crosse after Christian’s death and lived there until at least 1924).
They had several children, I’m fairly confident that it was 10 in total.
The children of Christian and Lena Bollrud:
1) MATHIAS (MATTHEW) BOLLRUD: b. 1881 (Wisconsin); d. 1941. married NANNETTE "NANNIE" REANEY; b. 13 Mar 1887 (IL); d. 5 Jan 1961 (Los Angeles, CA). Had a son RUSSELL MATTHEW BOLLRUD b. 1 Aug 1907 (Cook County? WI?); d. 12 May, 1985 (Paradise, CA)
2) ANNA MATHILDA BOLLRUD: b. 20 Jan 1883 (LaCrosse, WI); d. ???. Married ADAM LLOYD LIVINGSTON
3) EMILY BOLLRUD: b. 29 Dec 1884 (Lacrosse, WI); d. 15 Mar 1965 (Hennepin, MN). Married 27 Sep 1905 to MORTON HERBERT CHERRIER. Had 2 sons. CHERRIER, ROLAND H. CHERRIER b. 13 Sep 1911; d. 09 Aug 1971 in Hennepin County, Minnesota. Ralph Morton Cherrier b: 27 JUN 1913 d: 4 DEC 1992
4) ROY BOLLRUD: b. 1887 (Lacrosse, WI) d. 22 Mar 1907 (age 19)
5) CLARA BOLLRUD: b. 12 Jan 1892 (Lacrosse, WI). d. ???. Clara is listed at the same La Crosse residence as the rest of the family from 1909 to 1917. Prior to that, Clara is listed in 1905 WI census under "Robt Bourard, 34 / Alice Bourard, 28 / Agnes Bourard, 4", with Clara (13)/Elmer(9)/George(7)/Eleanor(5)/Ester(2) BALLRUD. I’m inferring that “Bourard” is a mumbled/scribbled “Bollrud.” And that the BALLRUD was a transcription error. I’ve found no records on any Robert/Alice/Agnes Bollrud however. The 1905 WI Census for Lena Bollrud shows Clara’s younger brother Lawrence along with other older siblings.
6) LAWRENCE BOLLRUD: b. 27 Apr 1893 (Tomah, Monroe County, WI); d. 28 Mar 1935 (Tomah, WI).
Married Elsie S. Hopp; b. Feb 1894 (Monroe, Wisconsin); d. 1949. Had three children: i)Calvin Carlyle Bollrud; b.25 Jul 1917; d. 4 Sep 1972, HENNEPIN COUNTY, MN (my grand-father). ii) Elaine Bollrud, b. 1920. iii) Geraldine Bollrud, b. 1923. They were all (except Calvin) involved in a car accident listed in an article in the Milwaukee Journal, 28 Mar 1935.
7) ELMER BOLLRUD: b. 14 Apr 1896 (Lacrosse, WI); d. 28 Feb 1924. Also found occasionally as Almer.
8) GEORGE ADOLF BOLLRUD: b. 2 Sep 1898; d.Nov 1969. Married in 19?? EDNA MUNDSACK, who was also married in 1936 to SIGURD KNUTSON, and had a son Warren Knutson. George and Edna had at least one son Wayne R. Bollrud who married Elizabeth “Betty” Jane Cairns. Wayne and Betty had two daughters Bonnie and Jeanine Bollrud.
9)ELEANORE (ELEANOR) BOLLRUD: b. 1900; d. 1937?. Married to Byron Mulder. Had a son Richard Mulder, Daughters Judith Mulder and Nancy Eleanor Mulder. Nancy married Lyle Hartman and they had three children, Bradley Hartman, Beth Hartman-Maas, and Michael Hartman.
10) ESTHER BOLLRUD: b. 15 May 1903, La Crosse, WI. D.???. Esther is only listed in the 1905 WI census with her younger siblings under Robt Bourard, as 2yr old Ester Ballrud and as an unnamed female Bollrud in some birth records.
I am primarily interested in determining where Christian and Lena Bollrud immigrated from, when, and who their relations are. I’ve found several leads but no firm connections to the Baalerud farm in Aardal. I included their childrens' names in case they were family names to aid in possible searches.
Any and all assistance would be appreciated.