Bruce wrote, "Ole changed his name to Johnson as did some of the other children. One of the children was married and changed their name to Dahl. I don't know what John & Gjertrud did with their name. I can't find out when they died, I am pretty certain it was in the Osseo/ Strum area. I also can't find them in the census."
Bruce, please post the following information:
1. The names of all the children you know of (I assume these are Ole's siblings).
2. Some sort of time frame. Should I be looking for them in 1870 or in 1930?
3. What is the oldest piece of "hard data" you have for this line? In other words, do you have Ole's birth date and place? If not, do you have his marriage date and place (and spouse name)? If not, do you have his death date and place?
4. From where did this family line immigrate?
5. Do you know anything about the family's occupation--were they farmers or merchants or what?