My grandfather's cousin Frederick Charles "Fred" Johnston (b. Manhattan, NY, 21 Nov. 1897 d. Brooklyn, NY, 3 Apr. 1968) was married in Manhattan, NY on 12 June 1926 to Anna Veronica Dora (b. NY, 8 Oct. 1905 d. 4 Feb. 1982). Fred was one of ten children born to Irish immigrants Herbert Johnston and my great-grandaunt Elizabeth Owens. Elizabeth died in 1904 aged 39. Herbert remarried several years after Elizabeth's death. I have found Fred and Anna, and their two sons, Donald and Richard in the 1930 and 1940 census. The census doesn't go any further on than 1940.
Fred and Anna lived in Brooklyn, NY, and had 2 sons:
(1) Donald A. "Don" Johnston (b. NY, 30 July 1929 d. Washington, DC, 21 Dec. 2018). Married to Marie Rubert. They had 2 daughters.
(2) Richard J. Johnston (b. NY, 18 Apr. 1933 d. Brick, NY, 5 Oct. 2017). Married to Patricia Ellen Shea (Brooklyn, NY, 16 Aug. 1936 d. Lakewood, NJ, 7 May 2006). They had 3 daughters and 1 son.
Family of Donald A. Johnston and Marie Rubert:
(1) Margot Johnston. Married to Mark Hallam. They have 2 sons & 1 daughter.
(2) Paola Johnston. Married to ? Zuver. They have 2 sons.
Family of Richard J. Johnston and Patricia Ellen Shea:
(1) Richard M. Johnston. Married to Judy McCahill. They have 1 son & 2 daughters.
(2) Sueann Johnston. Married to Jim Bilello. They have 2 sons.
(3) Christine Johnston. Married to Robert Haley. They have 2 sons & 1 daughter.
(4) Ellen Johnston. Married to Gary Johnson. They have 1 daughter.
Family of Margot Johnston and Mark Hallam:
(1) Matthew Hallam.
(2) Andrew Hallam.
(3) Caroline Hallam.
Family of Paola Jonston and ? Zuver:
(1) Nicholas Zuver.
(2) Martin Zuver.
Family of Richard M. Johnston and Judy McCahill:
(1) Margot Johnston.
(2) Bryn Johnston.
(3) Tim Johnston.
Family of Sueann Johnston and Jim Bilello:
(1) Patrick Bilello.
(2) Ryan Bilello.
Family of Christine Johnston and Robert Haley:
(1) Melissa Haley.
(2) Joseph Haley.
(3) Jackson Haley.
Daughter of Ellen Johnston and Gary Johnson:
(1) Sarah Johnson.
There may be some branches missing from this family but any help would be appreciated.