Will of Elias Hore, 1729, Stafford Co, VA

Replies: 4

Will of Elias Hore, 1729, Stafford Co, VA

Posted: 1194160411000
Classification: Will
Surnames: Hore, Cooke, Scott, Travers, George, Park
ELIAS HORE WILL 1729
STAFFORD COUNTY, VA

In the name of God Amen. I ELIAS HORE of County of Stafford Gentleman. Being sick but of sound memory and being desirous to avoid all differences that may arise after my decease…do make this my last will and testament:

Imprimis I give precious soul to the almighty God and my body to the grave..As to the worldly estate.. after my just debts and funeral charges paid vizt.

Item: I give all that tract of land whereon I now dwell 462 acres and an half of an acre after the decease of my dear and loving wife ISABELL HORE to my dear and loving son ELIAS HORE and heirs and for default of such heirs to my right heirs at law forever. My true intent is that my wife shall have the said tract during her natural life paying the yearly quit rents and then to revert and pass to my son ELIAS .

Item: I give the tracts belonging to me in Mattox to my dear and loving son WILLIAM HORE and to heirs…and for default of such heirs to my son ELIAS and heirs, default of such heirs to my right heir at law for ever.

Item: I give the tract on POWELL’S RUN to my dear and loving sons ELIAS AND WILLIAM HORE to be equally divided between them.

Item: I give to my dear and loving wife ISABELL HORE during her natural life the use and laobur of the following slaves (5 named) and after her decease to my sons ELIAS AND WILLIAM HORE and heirs. My true intent is that my said wife during her natural life shall peaceablely hold the aforesaid five slaves but that they shall not by any manner of ways or means be sold or conveyed away from my above named sons and their heirs but that immediately after her decease the negroes and their encrease then alive shall go to my said Sons.

Item: I give to my sons ELIAS and heirs the following slaves (4 named) and default of such heirs to my loving son WILLIAM HORE and heirs default of such heirs to my right heirs at law.

Item: I give to my son WILLIAM and heirs the slaves Following (5 named) at Mattox and for default of heirs to my said son ELIAS and heirs default to such heirs to my right heirs at law.

Item: I give these following slaves Great Dick, Sarahs son Tom and Bess and her encrease to my loving daughter KATHERINE HORE and heirs and for default of heirs to my two sons ELIAS AND WILLIAM HORE and heirs to be equally divided betwixt them.

Item: I give these following slaves (3 named) to my loving daughter SARAH HORE and heirs…default of such heirs to my two sons ELAIS AND WILLIAM…

Item: I give all the rest of personal estate of what kind to my dear and loving wife ISABELL HORE and to my four children ELIAS, WILLIAM, KATHERINE AND SARAH HORE to be equally divided…my desire likewise that the several estates above mentioned shall be delivered to each of my children as soon as they shall arrive to the full age of 18 yrs or the day of marriage but that they shall not sell their estate until they reach 21 years of age…I make my wife ISABELL HORE and my loving brother JAMES HORE my sole executors…16th January 1729.
Presence: ELIAS HORE
JOHN COOKE
ALEXANDER SCOTT
RAWLEIGH TRAVERS
JOHN GEORGE
SARAH PARK

At court held for Stafford County 10th February 1730. Last will of ELIAS HORE presented by ISABELL HORE ..being proved…admitted to record.

SOURCE: Stafford County, Va, Will Book M, Pages 20-22.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CindyMcC 1194160411000 
giggard 1521332558000 
giggard 1521333045000 
giggard 1522108528000 
giggard 1522110399000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic