Search for content in message boards

Elias Hore, Jane Champ, & David Browne Receive Land Grant of 1300 Acres, Stafford Co, VA

Replies: 2

Elias Hore, Jane Champ, & David Browne Receive Land Grant of 1300 Acres, Stafford Co, VA

Posted: 1189938826000
Classification: Deed
Surnames: Hore, Champ, Browne, Harrison, Fairfax
ELIAS HORE, JANE CHAMP, DAVID BROWNE RECEIVE GRANT 1300 ACRES ON POWELLS CREEK ADJOINING BURR HARRISON 1717
STAFFORD COUNTY, VIRGINIA

The right honorable Catherine Lady Fairfax sole proprietor of the Northern Neck of Virginia.
To all to whom this present writing shall come send greeting in our Lord God everlasting. Whereas JANE CHAMP wife of WILLIAM CHAMP of the County of Stafford DAVID BROWNE Senr. of the County of Westmoreland and ELIAS HORE of the County of Stafford upon their suggestion of a certain quantity of land belonging to me in the said County of Stafford did obtain a warrant from my office for ceying out the land and having now returned a survey thereof under the hand of sworn survey. Know yee therefore that I for and in consideration of the composition to me paid and the annual rent hereafter reserved have granted made over and confirmed and do by these presents grant make over and confirm unto the said JANE CHAMP, DAVID BROWNE SENR and ELIS HORE thirteen hundred acres of land situated lying and being in Stafford County on Powell’s Creek main run and begins at a marked hickory standing near the land of COL. CORBIN and near the said Powells Run and extended west north west two hundred and twenty poles to a marked red oak, thence south south west one hundred and forty poles to an other red oak, then west north west again one hundred and forty poles to an other red oak, then south south west four hundred poles to a marked white oak standing in a branch of Quanticutt called the Cabin Branch thence south east by east four hundred twenty four poles, to a marked hickory which stands on a ridge towards Quanticutt Creek then north north east six hundred and thirty poles to the first beginning. Together with all members and appurtenances thereunto belonging Royale mines excepted and the full third part of all lead tinn copper coal and iron mines that shall be found there on. To have and to hold the said one thousand three hundred acres of land. Together with all profits and benefits to the same belonging or in any way appertaining except before excepted to them the said JANE CHAMP, DAVID BROWNE SENR. And ELIAS HORE their heirs and assigns forever. They the said JANE CHAMP, DAVID BROWNE SENR. and ELIAS HORE their heirs and assigns therefore yielding and paying to me my heirs or assigns or to the certain attorney or attorneys of me the said proprietor or to the certain attorney or attorneys of my heirs or assigns proprietors of the said Northern Neck yearly and every year on the feast of St. Michael the Arch Angel the fee rent rent of one shilling sterling money for every fifty acres of land hereby granted and to proportionably for a greater or lesser quantity. Provided that if the said JANE CHAMP, DAVID BROWNE SENR and ELIAS HORE their heirs or assigns shall not pay the before reserved annual rent so that the same or any part thereof shall be behind or unpaid by the space of two whole years after the same shall become due if lawfully demanded that then it shall and may be lawful for me my heirs and assigns proprietors of the Northern neck aforesaid ours or either of our certain attorneys or as enter unto the said granted premises to reenter and hold the same so as if this grant never passed given at my office in Westmoreland County within my said proprietory under my seal witness my agent and attorney fully authorized thereto. Dated the sixth day of June in the third year of the reign of our sovereign Lord George of Great Britian and King Defender Anno Dom. 1717.
E. Jennings
JANE CHAMP, DAVID BROWNE SENR
AND ELIAS HORE’S Deed for 1300 Acres
In Stafford County.
Philles of the George

SOURCE: Northern Neck Grants No. 5, 1713-1719, Page 163, Reel 289.

NOTE: A plat exists with the original document from the Library of Virginia which shows BURDET HARRISON having adjoining land to the south.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CindyMcC 1189938826000 
CindyMcC 1189939082000 
giggard 1521330637000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic