Am trying to find the actual location of a land grant of 400 acres to John Dowell in June 1733.
The grant states the land is in Hanover County Virginia. A year later, St Martin's Parish is mentioned.
In 1742 Louisa County was formed from Hanover Co.
In 1745, land paperwork states the land is in St Paul's Parish, Hanover Co.
1747 the same 400 acres is now in Fredericks Parish, Louisa Co VA.
In 1751, west side of Little Mountains, south fork of South Anna River - also Flatt Grounds, 1st fork of Petty's Creek between Jorrendo Rd & Turkey Creek.
We beleive the land was called Bleak Hill, near Advance Mill and Burley Station.
Hopefully someone can help us place the location of this land. We'd like to visit it. Thanks much - Deanna