Re: BLAKE family listings in "Georgia, Vermont Vital Records" compiled by Peter S. Mallett:
There are "many" BLAKE family listings on pages 28 through 32 of this book. (79 or so listings, if I counted right! lol)
On the immediate:
1) There is no listing for a Helen BLAKE, but there "is" a listing for a Dotha BLAKE born 14 Jan 1862 to a Warren Blake. The mother is listed as "Ann Blake" so I really don't know if a Blake married a Blake or "what"! Note that the father is shown b in Ga. and the mother is shown b in Va. [Note: You had thought the father was a Stephen W Blake. Perhaps Warren is the middle name? A clue, at least to follow up since the Jan 1862 part matches?]
2) There is no Ann listed under the BLAKE listings.
3) There is no Stephen listed under the BLAKE listings.
4) There is no Warren listed under the BLAKE listings.
For the Dotha BLAKE entry - there are two sources noted:
1) V3 - which means Volume 3 - Marriages and Births, 1857-1859
2) V13 - which means Volume 13 - Births, deaths and marriages - 1857-1867
Note that the first one is strange given the 1862 listing .. but then .. volume 4 is for 1883-1896 marriage records and volume 5 is for births and deaths - 1886-1896. So maybe they just "added on" to volume 3 as they went along? (don't know ...)
There are only two CHAPMAN listings - on page 54 - but neither is a Frances, Francis or Ann.
If you have a need to really investigate BLAKE in Georgia, VT .. given the numbers of listings .. you may want to pick up the book and go over all of them. Let me know if you want the exact transcription from this book for this Dotha if you believe this is "yours" and I'll send it along in private e:mail.
Hope that helps,