Search for content in message boards

Divorce Look up

Replies: 3

Re: Divorce Look up

Posted: 1330306286000
Classification: Query
It might be hard to locate a volunteer to go to the court to make the original request.

Those records would be maintained by the Clerk of the Court:

Alyson Brown
Davis County - Farmington District Court
800 West State Street
P.O. Box 769
Farmington, UT 84025

Voice: 801-447-3820.

A Divorce is a civil case. They would have a record by the name of the Petitioner (person who instigates the case) against the Respondent (the other party), for EXAMPLE: Frances LaFon (Petitioner) versus George Lafon (Respondent), Dissolution of Marriage, Case Number 27-02345-rbg (only as example).
BUT, neither party had to be in Davis County. The Petitioner could have filed in another County/State where they were living, against the other party, or in absentia.
If you are looking to obtain records, they first have to find the case. Then, due to the age of this one, depending on the manner of record keeping, it could be in hard copy documents, or on microfilm. The clerk would ask what documents you would want or the whole case. Depending on the case, there could be a few filings, or a great deal of them (simple versus fought divorce), there could be documents pertaining to children and their care. The clerk could tell you approximately how many pages and the cost per page. Some Counties do not do the work, most do, almost all charge. Uncertified copies run from a cents to a dollar per page. Certified (you don't need) are more.

I would suggest obtaining the original Petition and the final decree of dissolution. That would probably satisfy your needs.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mrputterer 1327340227000 
judyartley261... 1330108161000 
RBestrom7380 1330306286000 
mrputterer 1330578821000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic