Search for content in message boards

Disappearing grandparents

Replies: 12

Re: Disappearing grandparents

Posted: 1518643469000
Classification: Query
Please email me at my personal email address. maggame6@gmail.com. What would you like to know. Agnes, Rosie (died in a house fire at 2 from granny's story.) Mamie (suicide at 20) and Dillie (granny always called him Buck). Both granny's mom and sister Mamie committed suicide at different time. Granny saw both occur. Another person wrote that Haywood (granny's dad) keep Dillie and sent Mamie off when Lizzie died. She never mentioned Granny. Granny was about 6 when she died. Because she was born 11/30/1921. Granny is in a nursing home in Texarkana. She was sent there last year when she shattered her leg. She lived in Avery on the old homestead up until then. Granny adopted Hollis Mamie's baby at the age of 16. Later she married Johnie Mathis and had 8 kids (7 survived to adulthood). My dad is the baby Jimmy Mathis he lives near Texarkana. There is now a lot of us. You probably never popped up on my family tree because we all thought your granny was named Lillian and that was it. I am learning that the censuses have lots of misspelled names and sometimes mixes up a person's gender too. I have ran across that when researching my mom's side the Glass/Smith branch from the Bagwell area. I haven't found anything on Sam Bower's but my uncle and his wife have been doing this longer than me. Her tree is under the Mathis family tree. I just saw a picture of you granny. She looks so much like mine.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
maggieblassin... 1518552852000 
cjwyant1 1518585365000 
maggieblassin... 1518643469000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic