Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth Landman Harris md. John Pearson - possible parents of Harris L. Pearson, Sr.

Replies: 1

Elizabeth Landman Harris md. John Pearson - possible parents of Harris L. Pearson, Sr.

Posted: 1547863393000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pearson, Harris
Hello,

Harris Leander Pearson, Sr. has been our family's brick wall for 30+ years. I have recently found individuals that could possibly be his parents and am looking for confirmation or rejection.

Harris Leander Pearson was born on January 23, 1828 in Tennessee. Legend is that his mother died when he was very young. As a teenager, he ended up working on a river boat and ended up in south Mississippi. We have never known the names of his parents.

I found recently Elizabeth Landman Harris born in 1807 in Spartanburg, SC and died January 28, 1828 (5 days after HL's birth) in Rutherford County, TN. This fits the theory of his mother dying when he was very young.

She supposedly married a man named John Pearson. He was born in 1803 in Spartanburg, SC and died in 1864 in Rutherford County, TN.

I can find no historical record of the birth, marriage, or death of these individuals. Any help is appreciated in confirming or rejecting this theory that Elizabeth and John are HL's parents.

Thank you,

LeAnn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lauleann 1547863393000 
judyartley261... 1553271250000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic