Search for content in message boards

Swafford

Replies: 0

Swafford

Posted: 1506112413000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swafford
I have much research on the Swafford family that arrived in Fosterville around 1880. William Swafford and Susan Scroggins marry who knows where but have several children. I've traced all of them and they went to the four winds. Susan was born in Georgia. I'm pretty convinced that William is a son of Orison Swafford and Drucilla. Susan died in the Rutherford County Poor house around 1910. Some are buried in the Webb Cemetery at Fosterville, some in the Fosterville Cemetery and some in the Woodfin cemetery around the bend south of Fosterville in Bedford county.

Anyway, if you are looking for any of these I have the info.

James Lafayette is buried in Webb cemetery and his family stayed around in TN.
Melissa A married Jessie McAfee and went to Grayson Texas
Mattie Nora married Peter Thomas and moved to Christian County KY
Sarah A married John H Collins and family went to white County TN
Colubus Swafford moved to Montague county Texas and worked as railroad engineer
Alice D married Hershel Stone and they lived in Coffee County TN
Arthur married Mattie Stuart and moved to Fort Worth working as railroad engineer
Orison Swafford, i don't know
Ezekiel Thomas Swafford married Anna Pearl Price in White county like most of the others, He worked in the mines and is buried In that cemetery south of Fosterville in Bedford county

I'm getting old and want to pass the torch on. Anyone want this Family Tree Maker database, I will pass it on. jrbarnes11@charter.net

There are Neely's, Aylors, some Smiths, and Suggs in this database. All worked for the RR. It's not that big of a file. I have two databases on my wifes' family; Swafford and Arnold. (Dad and mom) I don't know why I built them separate but I did

A long line of Swafford railroad workers. Mike Swafford retired from B&N in Memphis in 2017 and that ended a long line of This Swafford family railroad workers

Find a board about a specific topic