Search for content in message boards

PHOTO: Della F. RAYSOR -- 1887

Replies: 2

Re: PHOTO: Della F. RAYSOR -- 1887

Posted: 1199161385000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Raysor, Felder, Stroman, Frederich, Frederick
Hi, Susan. Thank you so much for the photograph. I'll be sending you a check first thing on Wed. a.m.

To fill in the blanks for anyone who has an interest, this is a photograph of Adella Felder Raysor, daughter of Capt. Peter Andrew Raysor and Adella C. Felder of Orangeburg. Adella C. Felder was the daughter of Samuel Felder and Mary Elizabeth Stroman.

Adella was Peter Raysor's second wife (Orangeburg attorney, Thomas M. Raysor, was his son by his first marriage).

Peter A. and Adella Raysor moved to Chappell Hill, TX after their marriage of Nov. 28, 1861. She died giving birth to their third child, Adella Felder Raysor.

In 1880, "Della" Raysor appears in the household of her aunt, Louisa Felder Frederick in Orangeburg, along with another niece, Adelle Buchanan.

Adella Raysor married her cousin, Cornelius Ayer Raysor (son of Rev. Dr. Thomas M. Raysor). She died in childbirth December 19, 1894. I don't have a place of burial for her, so if anyone has come across her grave, please let me know. She is not at Sunnyside Cemetery, but may be in a Felder cemetery...? She and Cornelius had one son, Thomas M. Raysor, who died as an infant.

Susan was so kind to share the photograph. I have scanned it and am going to try to attach it to this message in a reasonable file size. It seems like rather an unusual costume for 1887.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
onlygramplove... 1198368381000 
Pat_Sabin 1199161385000 
Pat_Sabin 1199161470000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic