I am studying the RILEY surname in many counties of South Carolina. I have found a large George Riley line in both of the above counties. George was born c1793 and died sometime after 1860. A gravesite has not been found for him.
He married Drusilla Felder, c1805-aft 1860 and they had the following children:
1. David Riley, b. c1826 in BNWL Co.
2. James G. Filey, 01 Oct 1827 - 09 Sep 1857;
He married Caroline E. Moss, 05 Jun 1836 - 29 Nov 1914)
3. George S. Riley, c1830 - 29 Jan 1865 - CSA
4. Darley Riley, 10 Nov 1832 - 26 Nov 1861; he married
Martha Rice Tindall, 10 Oct 1832 - 28 May 1921
5. Daniel J. Riley, c1836 - 16 Jun 1862 (CSA)
6. Elizabeth A. Riley, b. c1838 - possibly single
7. John F. Riley, c1840; he married Rachael (--?--)
8. Joseph A. Riley, c1842 - ???? (CSA)
9. Eli C. Riley, c1844 - ????; He married Julia A. Wilson
If anyone has information on this family, please contact me.
My email is email@example.com