Search for content in message boards

Kollar and Bugel

Replies: 3

Kollar and Bugel

Val (View posts)
Posted: 1026953380000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kollar, Bugel, Bugely, Matty, Mattei
Perhaps someone can help - I would appreciate it if anyone knows anything about John Kollar and wife Mary Bugel(y) who lived in Hazelton from circa 1880-90 to her death in 1935 and his in 1943.

John and Mary had 11 children, Mary (Pavuk), John, Anna (Kazimir), Sue (Yakobishan), Michael, Elizabeth (Deshesky), Andrew, George, Joseph, Stephen and Edward. They lived most of their Hazleton lives on Monges Street. They attended St John's GC Church and are buried in the Church cemetery. Andrew and wife are buried next to them. John's death certificate lists his birth as Czechoslavakia and his parents as John and Mary. Mary's death certificate lists her parents as Mr. Mattei and ? I found the marriage license application and it lists her maiden name as Bugely; daughter Anna's marriage records list it as Bugel. Not sure if Mary's mother remarried to a Mattei. I am told that I can't get a copy of the marriage records as Pa. does not have them for 1893; the application states that the certificate was never returned. I called and found a church that was marrying in 1893, but the records are too brittle and they will not do a lookup on them. In Mary's obit, it states that she has a sister in Czechoslovakia and a brother Andrew Matty of Hazleton. Also, the Kollar name is listed as Kollar, Kohler, Koehler and Kollar/Kohler. On the censuses, there are many different dates as to when they immigrated to the US.

I am hoping that someone may have information on them or possibly on the Bugel/Bugely lines since it is not a very common name. I am almost at a deadend on this family. Thanks for any help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Val 1026953380000 
dcj22 1055874894000 
dcj22 1056113686000 
Val 1057620193000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic