Search for content in message boards

Hi, I am the granddaughter of James Thomas Keim

Replies: 3

Hi, I am the granddaughter of James Thomas Keim

Posted: 1184433437000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Keim Mack Mitchell
Hi:

My mother is Fay Sparks, maiden name Geraldine Fay Keim, daughter of James Thomas Kime and Fannie Breth. I am looking for information on Ruby Mitchell, maiden name Ruby Mack, daughter of Gertrude Keim and Rufus Mack. Gertrude was my mother's paternal aunt--sister to James Thomas Keim. Ruby Mitchell was born in 1894 in Philadelphia and died in Brooklyn NY in 1978. Most of the records I have encountered mention that Gertrude and Rufus also had two twin girls that died in childhood.

My mother is getting along in years, but recently recalled that Ruby Mitchell came to her home in childhood in Cookport, PA and sang in the church on a few occasions. My mother was quite young, but believes that Ruby sang professionally in NY at that time. My mother believes she was an opera singer, a soprano, in fact, but I have found no info on the Met website, though perhaps they had some minor singers, perhaps in the chorus that they do not mention.

I would like to find out more about what became of Ruby for my mom, before she died. I did determine that she acquired a social security number in Brooklyn, and also died there as indicated above. I also learned that in at least one record, Gertrude Keim's surname is misspelled as Kline or some variation, and that Rufus Mack's given name is spelled Rufis at times.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, and thank you to anyone who is able to help me.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sc512 1184433437000 
RMurray99 1245693526000 
RMurray99 1245694069000 
dhawkslady 1550472498000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic