Search for content in message boards

Obit Hugh Leacock, died 1885, Edinboro, Erie Co.,PA

Replies: 3

Re: Obit Hugh Leacock, died 1885, Edinboro, Erie Co.,PA

Posted: 1538084409000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Leacock
Judy, you are so great. I did contact the Erie Co. Public Library and they have a list of obituaries that they have. Hugh's daughter Margaret was on the list but not Hugh. They also said I must have an exact date of death which, with great difficulty, I finally got from Edinboro cemetery. They were very nice when I finally got a phone number and contacted them. Then I got back to the Library and was charged $5 for the search and they did not find an obit for Hugh.
I have also been in contact with both the Erie Co. Historical Society and the Edinboro Historical Society. Funnily enough, the Edinboro Historical Society says they have nothing on the family even though they lived and died there.
The Erie Co. Historical Society says they will do a search as soon as their researcher has finished her move in 4-6 weeks. They were ever so nice. I sent them $10 about 3 weeks ago for an hour's research. So I must be patient. I guess if I didn't even know about Hugh 6 weeks ago, I can wait another few weeks for the research.
Thanks again. You are a wealth of information.
Peggy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
peggyc2sky 1535346940000 
judyartley261... 1538083509000 
peggyc2sky 1538084409000 
judyartley261... 1538083887000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic