Search for content in message boards

James Kidoo of Mifflin, Allegheny Co., PA in 1808

Replies: 1

Re: James Kidoo of Mifflin, Allegheny Co.,PA in 1808

Posted: 1023933031000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1046309936000
Surnames: Kidoo
Ironically while doing historical research for our local historical society yesterday, I came across James Kidoo's will and copied it for local history records. It is as follows:

"In the Name of God amen. I James Kidoo of Mifflin Township in the County of Allegheny & state of Pensylvania being weak of body but of a sound mind & memory, do make this last will & testament as follows. First, I commit my soul to God who gave it & my body to the dust to be buried in a decent manner at the discretion of my Executers hereafter named. As to my worldly Estate dispose of it in the following manner. First it is my will that all my just debts & funeral expenses be fully paid by my Executers - I give & bequeath to my beloved Wife Mary a comfortable living of the place I now live on & her choice of the ends of the house to live in & it is my will that the personal property should remain in her hands under her management & disposal untill her decease. I give & bequeath to my Daughter Margaret, or her heirs fifty Dollars - I give & bequeath to my son James my watch. I give & bequeath to my two grandsons James & John Wilson thirty Dollars each - I give & bequeath to my Daughter Jane sixty Dollars - I give & bequeath to my Daughter Nancy sixty Dollars - I give & bequeath to my Daughter Isabella sixty Dollars - to my Daughter Fanny forty-eight Dollars with m-- lot of ground she now lives on - to my Daughter Elizabeth sixty Dollars, an horse & sadle, two cows, & household furniture as the rest of the girls got. These article excepting the money to be given to her out of the personal property when she needs them.
& the different sums of money above mentioned to be paid after the decease of my Wife Mary, out of the personal property then remaining & if it should be insufficient, then it is my will that the deficiency should come of the shares assigned to my sons equally.
I give & bequeath to my son Thomas the place on which he now lives, called Neigh's place, if not more than his share - I give & bequeath to my son John the place he now lives on called Friend's place with the same exceptions as the others - I give & bequeath to my son Joseph the place I now live on. As to my sons David & Samuel, it is my will that when Samuel is twenty two yars of age that the above mentioned lands be valued together with my land in the Ohio state, excepting the building & improvements which Thomas and John have made on their several places, at their own expence, by men chosen by a man that they may choose for to appoint the men for the valuation & if Neither David or Samuel should choose to take an equal divide of the land in the Ohio state at the praisment or valuation it is my will that it should be sold that each of them viz. David & Samuel obtain a share equal to each of my sons here according to the valuations of their several places.
It is my will that my three youngest sons, viz. David, Samuel, & Joseph should have each of them an horse & sadle & fastening utensils or the value of them. Also as to David it is my will that he be supported while at the learning by Thomas & John & Samuel each contributing alike for that purpose & then this to be deducted out of his share.

Lastly I appoint John Snodgras Esq. & my son Thomas to be the Executers of this my last will & Testament, hereby revoking & disannulling all other will or wills by me made & Witness here of I have here unto set my hand & and seal this 16th of August A.D. 1823
Signed, sealed published & declared by the Testator to be his last will & Testament.

John Wilson James Kidoo
David Morrow

Be it rememberd that on the 8th day of October A.D. 1823. Letters Testamentary on the within will were duly granted to John Snodgrass Esq. and Thomas Kidoo, executors therein named who were solemnly sworn ? exhibit in the Registers office at Pittsburg a true and perfect inventory oth the Estate of the deceased within one month from this date, and to settle the account of their administration within one year or when thereunto legally required."

Also in the will folder was this document:

"I James Kidoo do wish and authorise the Exectutors of my last will and testament to alter a certain item of said will wherein I did bequeath my watch to my son James I do now allter it and bequeath it to my son David. September 24th 1823"

Attest James Kidoo
David Morrow
Daniel King
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Barb Bonomini 960742874000 
DCMorinello 1023933031000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic