Search for content in message boards

Chief Ga'Haheh (Victor Griffin) of the Quapaw Tribe

Replies: 17

Re: Victor Griffin

Posted: 1369195081000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Griffin, Wolfe, Buergy, Waters
Hi Cousin, I Have to interject a bit. Because I noticed you all left out some information. Victor Griffin was married 3 times. His first wife was a Quapaw women from the GoodEagle family, first name (don"t know) They had no children and she died. Then he was married to a women named Sarah Lewis (Seneca) and had a daughter named Beula Griffin, then Sarah died. Beula married a Shawnee man named Clyde Wolfe. They had 3 children all of which died at birth. (Buried at top of hill at pow-wow grounds) The theory is Beula might have been RH- blood. Sarah Lewis died and then Victor was married to Minnie Track. Their first child was my Grandmother Martha Dora Griffin, and all the rest of the kids Sydney, Hayes, Ardina, & Victoria Griffin. Minnie also lost 3 children in infancy. My Grandmother Martha Dora Griffin's first husband was a Osage man named Jimmie Osage Revard they had my mother and divorced when my mom (Jimmie Ardina Moore) was around a year old. Beula died and grandpa Victor Griffin liked her husband Clyde Wolfe so much he married him to my grandmother Martha. Clyde was my moms step-fatherWhen Martha died at the age of 28 my mother Ardina was 7 years old. Grandpa took Clyde(twice widowed) and married him to a cousin. (I guess he didn't want him to leave the family) Thats why my mother Ardina was raised by Grandpa and Grandma Griffin. My mom is just 5 years younger then Victoria Griffin Waters,the youngest of the Griffin children. As far as Grandma Stafford she did raise her grandson Victor Griffin. Grandma Stafford was sister to Tallchiefs mother. Weather they were real sisters or just called each other sister, no one knows. Victor Griffin was given his name at Indian School. When they ran out of names the catholic priest gave him his name. He was not adopted by the priest just given his name. And the story about how Victor Griffins father died is the story that was told by Maude Supernaw to Kugee Supernaw. Tallchief, Victor Griffin (small boy) and his father went on a trip to Pawhuska to attend a hand game. While at the hand game Grandpa Victors father had a dispute with Louis Ballards Grandfather. So the next day when they were traveling home, Louis's grandfather lay in wait along the road and ambushed them shooting and killing Victor's father. They buried him somewhere by the riverbank near Neloganey, OK. Thats how Tallchief came about caring after Victor Griffin I'm not sure what happened to his mother ( Julia) but she passed away young also. He called him Uncle Victor Griffins children:

Beula Griffin Wolfe
Martha Griffin Revard Wolfe
Sidney Pierce Griffin
Wilfried Hayes Griffin
Ardina Griffin Greenback Buergy
Victoria Griffin Waters
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
barker_martha 1369195081000 
Ambra King 1422648361000 
Martha Barker 1425327928000 
Virginia Mous... 1499835262000 
Margaret Parker 1060318374000