Descendants of John I Bush
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN I1 BUSH was born 1568 in HAMPSHIRE, ENGLAND. He married ALICE ANN MORSE 1588. She was born 1568.
More About JOHN BUSH and ALICE MORSE:
Children of JOHN BUSH and ALICE MORSE are:
2. i. JOHN II2 BUSH, b. 1590, TROWBRIDGE, WILTSHIRE, ENGLAND; d. December 09, 1624, ELIZABETH CITY, ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA.
3. ii. THOMAS I WILLIAM BUSH, b. 1592, WILTSHIRE, ENGLAND; d. 1620, ELIZABETH CITY, VIRGINIA.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN II2 BUSH (JOHN I1) was born 1590 in TROWBRIDGE, WILTSHIRE, ENGLAND, and died December 09, 1624 in ELIZABETH CITY, ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA. He married ELIZABETH STOKES October 28, 1619 in HAMPSHIRE, ENGLAND. She was born 1595 in ENGLAND, and died in ELIZABETH CITY, ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA.
More About JOHN BUSH and ELIZABETH STOKES:
Marriage: October 28, 1619, HAMPSHIRE, ENGLAND
Children of JOHN BUSH and ELIZABETH STOKES are:
4. i. ABRAHAM3 BUSH, b. June 02, 1622, ELIZABETH CITY, ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA; d. February 04, 1686/87, LANCASTER COUNTY, VIRGINIA.
ii. ELIZABETH BUSH.
iii. MARY ANN BUSH.
iv. RICHARD I BUSH.
v. JOHN III BUSH.
3. THOMAS I WILLIAM2 BUSH (JOHN I1) was born 1592 in WILTSHIRE, ENGLAND, and died 1620 in ELIZABETH CITY, VIRGINIA.
Child of THOMAS I WILLIAM BUSH is:
5. i. THOMAS II WILLIAM3 BUSH, b. Abt. 1620, LUGWARDINE, HEREFORDSHIRE, ENGLAND; d. 1695, ELIZABETH CITY, VIRGINIA.
Generation No. 3
4. ABRAHAM3 BUSH (JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born June 02, 1622 in ELIZABETH CITY, ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA, and died February 04, 1686/87 in LANCASTER COUNTY, VIRGINIA. He married ANN ALEXANDER 1644 in LANCASTER COUNTY, VIRGINIA.
More About ABRAHAM BUSH:
Burial: ST. GEORGE PARISH, SPOTSYLVANIA, VIRGINIA
More About ABRAHAM BUSH and ANN ALEXANDER:
Marriage: 1644, LANCASTER COUNTY, VIRGINIA
Children of ABRAHAM BUSH and ANN ALEXANDER are:
6. i. RICHARD II4 BUSH, b. 1655; d. 1706.
7. ii. JOHN BUSH, b. June 01, 1670, ST. THOMAS PARISH, ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA; d. Aft. February 27, 1745/46, ST. THOMAS PARISH, ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA.
5. THOMAS II WILLIAM3 BUSH (THOMAS I WILLIAM2, JOHN I1) was born Abt. 1620 in LUGWARDINE, HEREFORDSHIRE, ENGLAND, and died 1695 in ELIZABETH CITY, VIRGINIA.
Child of THOMAS II WILLIAM BUSH is:
8. i. WILLIAM JAMES4 BUSH, b. June 01, 1642, ISLE OF WRIGHT COUNTY, VIRGINIA; d. April 05, 1716, EDENTON, CHOWAN PRECINCT, ALBEMARLE COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA.
Generation No. 4
6. RICHARD II4 BUSH (ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born 1655, and died 1706. He married ELIZABETH BIBBY.
Children of RICHARD BUSH and ELIZABETH BIBBY are:
9. i. RICHARD III5 BUSH, b. 1675; d. September 27, 1732.
ii. WILLAM BUSH.
iii. JOHN BUSH, b. 1686.
7. JOHN4 BUSH (ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born June 01, 1670 in ST. THOMAS PARISH, ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA, and died Aft. February 27, 1745/46 in ST. THOMAS PARISH, ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA. He married MARGARET BRUCE in ST. THOMAS PARISH, ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA. She was born June 01, 1693 in LANCASTER COUNTY, VIRGINIA, and died 1730 in ST. THOMAS PARISH, ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA.
More About JOHN BUSH and MARGARET BRUCE:
Marriage: ST. THOMAS PARISH, ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA
Children of JOHN BUSH and MARGARET BRUCE are:
10. i. DANIEL5 BUSH.
11. ii. JOHN PHILLIP BUSH, d. Aft. January 24, 1774.
12. iii. PHILLIP P. BUSH, b. June 01, 1710, WINCHESTER, LANCASTER COUNTY, VIRGINIA; d. May 10, 1771, ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA.
8. WILLIAM JAMES4 BUSH (THOMAS II WILLIAM3, THOMAS I WILLIAM2, JOHN I1) was born June 01, 1642 in ISLE OF WRIGHT COUNTY, VIRGINIA, and died April 05, 1716 in EDENTON, CHOWAN PRECINCT, ALBEMARLE COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA. He married MARTHA CORLEE HILL. She was born 1650 in ISLE OF WRIGHT, VIRGINIA.
Children of WILLIAM BUSH and MARTHA HILL are:
i. ELIZABETH5 BUSH.
ii. SARAH BUSH.
13. iii. MARTHA BUSH, b. Abt. 1670, CHOWAN, NORTH CAROLINA.
Generation No. 5
9. RICHARD III5 BUSH (RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born 1675, and died September 27, 1732. He married (1) MARY FAIRBANKS, daughter of JEREMIAH FAIRBANKS and MARY PENFIELD. She was born August 22, 1699 in DEDHAM, NORFOLK COUNTY, MASSACHUSETTS, and died May 07, 1743 in BRISTOL, RHODE ISLAND. He married (2) ELIZABETH ROBERTS. She was born 1675.
More About RICHARD III BUSH:
Confirmation (LDS): (NCBD-C1)
More About MARY FAIRBANKS:
Confirmation (LDS): (NCBS-PD)
Child of RICHARD BUSH and MARY FAIRBANKS is:
14. i. TIMOTHY I6 BUSH, b. Abt. 1728, BRISTOL, RHODE ISLAND; d. 1815.
Child of RICHARD BUSH and ELIZABETH ROBERTS is:
15. ii. BIBBY6 BUSH, b. 1710; d. 1758.
10. DANIEL5 BUSH (JOHN4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) He married DIANA LEWIS. She was born 1752 in VIRGINIA, and died Abt. 1784 in BOONESVILLE, KENTUCKY, UNITED STATES.
Child of DANIEL BUSH and DIANA LEWIS is:
16. i. JOHN LEWIS6 BUSH, b. NATCHITOCHES, LOUISIANA; d. October 07, 1812.
11. JOHN PHILLIP5 BUSH (JOHN4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) died Aft. January 24, 1774.
Children of JOHN PHILLIP BUSH are:
i. BETTY6 BUSH.
ii. PHILLIP BUSH.
iii. DARCUS BUSH.
iv. ANN BUSH.
v. SUSANNA BUSH.
vi. FRANCES BUSH.
vii. NANCY BUSH.
viii. MARGARET BUSH.
ix. MARY BUSH.
12. PHILLIP P.5 BUSH (JOHN4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born June 01, 1710 in WINCHESTER, LANCASTER COUNTY, VIRGINIA, and died May 10, 1771 in ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA. He married MARY O'BRIEN in ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA. She was born 1710 in IRELAND.
More About PHILLIP BUSH and MARY O'BRIEN:
Marriage: ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA
Children of PHILLIP BUSH and MARY O'BRIEN are:
17. i. JOSIAH6 BUSH, b. 1733, ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA; d. 1781, WASHINGTON COUNTY, VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES.
18. ii. JOHN WILLIAM BUSH, b. February 02, 1740/41, ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINA; d. March 01, 1798, CLARK COUNTY, KENTUCKY, UNITED STATES.
13. MARTHA5 BUSH (WILLIAM JAMES4, THOMAS II WILLIAM3, THOMAS I WILLIAM2, JOHN I1) was born Abt. 1670 in CHOWAN, NORTH CAROLINA. She married ANTHONY WILLIAMS. He was born 1675, and died 1718.
Child of MARTHA BUSH and ANTHONY WILLIAMS is:
19. i. MARY6 WILLIAMS.
Generation No. 6
14. TIMOTHY I6 BUSH (RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born Abt. 1728 in BRISTOL, RHODE ISLAND, and died 1815. He married DEBORAH HOUSE April 12, 1759 in HEBRON, CONNECTICUT. She was born April 06, 1742 in LEBANON, NEW LONDON, CONNECTICUT, and died 1819 in SPRINGPORT, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES.
More About TIMOTHY I BUSH:
Confirmation (LDS): (NCBD-FC)
More About DEBORAH HOUSE:
Confirmation (LDS): (NCBK-WG)
More About TIMOTHY BUSH and DEBORAH HOUSE:
Marriage: April 12, 1759, HEBRON, CONNECTICUT
Child of TIMOTHY BUSH and DEBORAH HOUSE is:
20. i. TIMOTHY II7 BUSH, b. April 01, 1766, LEBANON, NEW LONDON, CONNECTICUT; d. May 04, 1850, ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES.
15. BIBBY6 BUSH (RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born 1710, and died 1758. He married SUSANNAH WALKER, daughter of WILLIAM WALKER and SARAH SNOW. She was born 1705, and died 1788.
Child of BIBBY BUSH and SUSANNAH WALKER is:
21. i. RICHARD IV7 BUSH, b. 1725, ESSEX COUNTY, VIRGINIA; d. February 03, 1803, EDGEFIELD COUNTY, SOUTH CAROLINA, UNITED STATES.
16. JOHN LEWIS6 BUSH (DANIEL5, JOHN4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born in NATCHITOCHES, LOUISIANA, and died October 07, 1812. He married MARIE HELEN HAMILTON April 15, 1796 in ST. GABRIEL CATHOLIC CHURCH, ST. GABRIEL PARISH, LOUISIANA, UNITED STATES. She was born 1766.
More About JOHN BUSH and MARIE HAMILTON:
Marriage: April 15, 1796, ST. GABRIEL CATHOLIC CHURCH, ST. GABRIEL PARISH, LOUISIANA, UNITED STATES
Children of JOHN BUSH and MARIE HAMILTON are:
22. i. MARY ELIZABETH7 BUSH, b. July 14, 1800; d. June 07, 1865.
23. ii. MARIE CLARISSE BUSH.
iii. REUBAN BUSH, m. LUDOVINE BROSSET.
iv. CORA BUSH.
17. JOSIAH6 BUSH (PHILLIP P.5, JOHN4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born 1733 in ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINIA, and died 1781 in WASHINGTON COUNTY, VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES. He married SARAH LEWIS BROWN.
Child of JOSIAH BUSH and SARAH BROWN is:
24. i. JAMES7 BUSH, b. 1756.
18. JOHN WILLIAM6 BUSH (PHILLIP P.5, JOHN4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born February 02, 1740/41 in ORANGE COUNTY, VIRGINA, and died March 01, 1798 in CLARK COUNTY, KENTUCKY, UNITED STATES. He married MARY (POLLY) TILLMAN May 09, 1782 in AMHERST COUNTY, VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES.
More About JOHN BUSH and MARY TILLMAN:
Marriage: May 09, 1782, AMHERST COUNTY, VIRGINIA, UNITED STATES
Child of JOHN BUSH and MARY TILLMAN is:
25. i. CHARLES I (MERCER)7 BUSH, b. February 02, 1796, CLARK COUNTY, KENTUCKY, UNITED STATES; d. February 27, 1880, LIBERTY, CLAY COUNTY, MISSOURI, UNITED STATES.
19. MARY6 WILLIAMS (MARTHA5 BUSH, WILLIAM JAMES4, THOMAS II WILLIAM3, THOMAS I WILLIAM2, JOHN I1) She married MOSES I POWELL, son of JOHN POWELL and ALICE MURRELL. He was born Abt. 1725 in ISLE OF WRIGHT COUNTY, VIRGINIA, and died October 14, 1799 in WAKE COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA, UNITED STATES.
Child of MARY WILLIAMS and MOSES POWELL is:
26. i. MOSES II7 POWELL, b. 1760; d. 1821.
Generation No. 7
20. TIMOTHY II7 BUSH (TIMOTHY I6, RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born April 01, 1766 in LEBANON, NEW LONDON, CONNECTICUT, and died May 04, 1850 in ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES. He married LYDIA NEWCOMB July 26, 1791, daughter of DANIEL NEWCOMB and ELIZABETH MAY. She was born April 28, 1763 in CAMBRIDGE, WASHINGTON COUNTY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, and died September 14, 1835 in PENFIELD, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES.
More About TIMOTHY II BUSH:
Confirmation (LDS): (NCBD-BT)
More About LYDIA NEWCOMB:
Confirmation (LDS): (NCBK-M3)
More About TIMOTHY BUSH and LYDIA NEWCOMB:
Marriage: July 26, 1791
Child of TIMOTHY BUSH and LYDIA NEWCOMB is:
27. i. OBADIAH NEWCOMB8 BUSH, b. January 28, 1797, PENFIELD, MONROE COUNTY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES; d. 1851, CALIFORNIA.
21. RICHARD IV7 BUSH (BIBBY6, RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born 1725 in ESSEX COUNTY, VIRGINIA, and died February 03, 1803 in EDGEFIELD COUNTY, SOUTH CAROLINA, UNITED STATES. He married MARY JANE PRESCOTT 1750. She was born 1730 in ESSEX COUNTY, VIRGINIA, and died Abt. 1797 in EDGEFIELD COUNTY, SOUTH CAROLINA, UNITED STATES.
More About RICHARD BUSH and MARY PRESCOTT:
Children of RICHARD BUSH and MARY PRESCOTT are:
28. i. JOHN PENDLETON8 BUSH, b. Abt. 1774, BERTIE COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA; d. 1850, CHOCTAW COUNTY, ALABAMA, UNITED STATES.
ii. BIBBY BUSH, b. 1752; d. 1812.
iii. PRESCOTT BUSH, b. 1758; d. 1846.
iv. NANCY ELIZABETH BUSH, b. 1760.
v. CHARITY ELIZABETH BUSH, b. 1765; d. 1829.
vi. RICHARD BUSH, b. 1767; d. 1828.
vii. FEBREA BUSH, b. 1769; d. 1797.
viii. WILLIAM BUSH, b. 1772; d. 1803.
22. MARY ELIZABETH7 BUSH (JOHN LEWIS6, DANIEL5, JOHN4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born July 14, 1800, and died June 07, 1865. She married JANVIER ALLAIN January 16, 1817 in ST. GABRIEL OF IBERVILLE, LOUISIANA, UNITED STATES, son of SIMON ALLAIN and MARGUERITE BABIN. He was born January 01, 1790, and died June 30, 1852.
Notes for MARY ELIZABETH BUSH:
LOUISIANA NEWSPAPERS: IBERVILLE PARISH
Submitted by Annette (Carpenter) Womack of Winnfield, Winn Parish, LA
Copied from microfilm at Northwestern State University in 1983
USGENWEB NOTICE: These electronic pages may NOT be
reproduced in any format for profit or presentation by any
other organization or persons. Persons or organizations
desiring to use this material, must obtain the written consent
of the contributor, or the legal representative of the
submitter, and contact the listed USGenWeb archivist with
proof of this consent. Files may be printed or copied for
personal use only.
WEEKLY IBERVILLE PLAQUEMINE, LA JANUARY 11, 1868
SUCCESSION: Parish of East Baton Rouge, Sale of plantation of Mary Elise
BUSH, dec'd in parish of Iberville on the right bank on the river Mississippi
about 12 miles below town of Plaquemine. Bounded by lands belonging to heirs
of Mrs. Ernest Comeaux, dec'd. Mary Elise BASH dec'd acquired the land at the
sale of the succession of her husband, Janvier ALLAIN Febuary 28, 1860.
Seven-eights cash the rest payable when the minor Alphonse Daigre becomes
of age or is legally emancipated. (signed) V. -A. ALLAIN, executor December
More About MARY ELIZABETH BUSH:
Burial: POINT PLEASANT, LOUISIANA, UNITED STATES
Notes for JANVIER ALLAIN:
LE RACONTEUR INDEX, VOLUME XIX, 1999
Allain, Adelaide 44
Allain, Adeline 181
Allain, Aimee 41
Allain, Albert, Mrs 44.
Allain, Bernard, Jr., Mrs. 49
Allain, Janvier 45
Allain, Julien 43
Allain, Marie Adeline 46
Allain, Marie E. 51
Allain, Marie Elodie 49
Allain, Marie Hellen 180
Allain, Sosthene B. 53
Allain, Viciorin 43
More About JANVIER ALLAIN and MARY BUSH:
Marriage: January 16, 1817, ST. GABRIEL OF IBERVILLE, LOUISIANA, UNITED STATES
Children of MARY BUSH and JANVIER ALLAIN are:
29. i. MARIE ADELINE8 ALLAIN.
ii. MARIE EUPHENIE ALLAIN, b. August 20, 1820, ALLAIN PLANTATION.
iii. VICTOR AMEDEE ALLAIN, b. March 06, 1837, IBERVILLE PARISH, LOUISIANA, UNITED STATES; m. VIRGINIA CARMELITE DIAGLE, November 23, 1863, ST. JOSEPH'S CHURCH, BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA, UNITED STATES; b. February 15, 1845, BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA, UNITED STATES.
More About VICTOR ALLAIN and VIRGINIA DIAGLE:
Marriage: November 23, 1863, ST. JOSEPH'S CHURCH, BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA, UNITED STATES
23. MARIE CLARISSE7 BUSH (JOHN LEWIS6, DANIEL5, JOHN4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) She married VALERIE HEBERT May 15, 1815 in ST. GABRIEL, LOUISIANA, UNITED STATES, son of ARMAND HEBERT and MARIE BOUDREAUX. He was born October 09, 1793 in ST. GABRIEL, LOUISIANA, and died December 24, 1847 in ST. GABRIEL, LOUISIANA, UNITED STATES.
More About VALERIE HEBERT:
Burial: December 25, 1847, POINT PLEASANT, LOUISIANA, UNITED STATES
More About VALERIE HEBERT and MARIE BUSH:
Marriage: May 15, 1815, ST. GABRIEL, LOUISIANA, UNITED STATES
Child of MARIE BUSH and VALERIE HEBERT is:
i. LOUIS8 HEBERT, CONFEDERATE BRIGADIER GENERAL, b. March 13, 1820, ST. GABRIEL, LOUISIANA, UNITED STATES.
24. JAMES7 BUSH (JOSIAH6, PHILLIP P.5, JOHN4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born 1756. He married MARY POLLY PLUNKETT.
Child of JAMES BUSH and MARY PLUNKETT is:
i. AUSTIN8 BUSH.
25. CHARLES I (MERCER)7 BUSH (JOHN WILLIAM6, PHILLIP P.5, JOHN4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born February 02, 1796 in CLARK COUNTY, KENTUCKY, UNITED STATES, and died February 27, 1880 in LIBERTY, CLAY COUNTY, MISSOURI, UNITED STATES. He married PERLINA CREWS in MADISON COUNTY, KENTUCKY, UNITED STATES.
More About CHARLES BUSH and PERLINA CREWS:
Marriage: MADISON COUNTY, KENTUCKY, UNITED STATES
Child of CHARLES BUSH and PERLINA CREWS is:
30. i. CHARLES II (MERCER)8 BUSH, b. April 27, 1844, CLAY COUNTY, MISSOURI, UNITED STATES; d. June 05, 1888.
26. MOSES II7 POWELL (MARY6 WILLIAMS, MARTHA5 BUSH, WILLIAM JAMES4, THOMAS II WILLIAM3, THOMAS I WILLIAM2, JOHN I1) was born 1760, and died 1821. He married SARAH H. MADDUX.
Child of MOSES POWELL and SARAH MADDUX is:
31. i. WILLIAM H.8 POWELL, b. 1788; d. 1847.
Generation No. 8
27. OBADIAH NEWCOMB8 BUSH (TIMOTHY II7, TIMOTHY I6, RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born January 28, 1797 in PENFIELD, MONROE COUNTY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, and died 1851 in CALIFORNIA. He married HARRIET SMITH November 08, 1821 in ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, daughter of DR. SMITH and PRICILLA WHIPPLE. She was born May 12, 1800 in CAMBRIDGE, WASHINGTON COUNTY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, and died June 21, 1867 in CINCINATI, OHIO, UNITED STATES.
More About OBADIAH NEWCOMB BUSH:
Confirmation (LDS): (93CF-8S)
More About HARRIET SMITH:
Confirmation (LDS): (93CF-90)
More About OBADIAH BUSH and HARRIET SMITH:
Marriage: November 08, 1821, ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
Child of OBADIAH BUSH and HARRIET SMITH is:
32. i. REV. JAMES SMITH9 BUSH, b. June 15, 1825, ROCHESTER, MONROE COUNTY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES; d. November 11, 1889, ITHACA, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES.
28. JOHN PENDLETON8 BUSH (RICHARD IV7, BIBBY6, RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born Abt. 1774 in BERTIE COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA, and died 1850 in CHOCTAW COUNTY, ALABAMA, UNITED STATES. He married ELIZABETH WIMBERLY, daughter of WILLIAM WIMBERLY and ELIZABETH HARRELL.
Children of JOHN BUSH and ELIZABETH WIMBERLY are:
33. i. CAROLINE9 BUSH, b. 1815, ALABAMA, UNITED STATES; d. 1875, CHECOTAH, McINTOSH COUNTY, INDIAN TERRITORY, OKLAHOMA.
34. ii. HARDY BUSH, b. 1812, EDGEFIELD, SOUTH CAROLINA, UNITED STATES; d. 1872, BOWIE COUNTY, TEXAS, UNITED STATES.
29. MARIE ADELINE8 ALLAIN (MARY ELIZABETH7 BUSH, JOHN LEWIS6, DANIEL5, JOHN4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) She married FORESTERE DIAGRE.
Child of MARIE ALLAIN and FORESTERE DIAGRE is:
i. DESIRE ALPHONSE9 DIAGRE.
30. CHARLES II (MERCER)8 BUSH (CHARLES I (MERCER)7, JOHN WILLIAM6, PHILLIP P.5, JOHN4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born April 27, 1844 in CLAY COUNTY, MISSOURI, UNITED STATES, and died June 05, 1888. He married HENRIETTA JONES.
Child of CHARLES BUSH and HENRIETTA JONES is:
35. i. OSCAR CHARLES9 BUSH, b. June 07, 1877, CINCINATTI, HAMILTON COUNTY, OHIO, UNITED STATES; d. April 16, 1955, CHICAGO, COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, UNTED STATES.
31. WILLIAM H.8 POWELL (MOSES II7, MARY6 WILLIAMS, MARTHA5 BUSH, WILLIAM JAMES4, THOMAS II WILLIAM3, THOMAS I WILLIAM2, JOHN I1) was born 1788, and died 1847. He married SARAH ELIZABETH PARSONS.
Child of WILLIAM POWELL and SARAH PARSONS is:
i. SARAH9 POWELL, b. 1812; d. 1860; m. ELISHA WILLIAM LASSETTER; b. 1808; d. 1841.
Generation No. 9
32. REV. JAMES SMITH9 BUSH (OBADIAH NEWCOMB8, TIMOTHY II7, TIMOTHY I6, RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born June 15, 1825 in ROCHESTER, MONROE COUNTY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, and died November 11, 1889 in ITHACA, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES. He married HARRIET ELEANOR FAY February 24, 1859 in NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, daughter of SAMUEL FAY and SUSAN SHELLMAN. She was born October 29, 1829 in SAVANNAH, CHATHAM COUNTY, GEORGIA, UNITED STATES, and died February 27, 1924 in BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS, UNITED STATES.
More About REV. JAMES SMITH BUSH:
Confirmation (LDS): (93CF-44)
More About HARRIET ELEANOR FAY:
Confirmation (LDS): (93CF-59)
More About REV. BUSH and HARRIET FAY:
Marriage: February 24, 1859, NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
Child of REV. BUSH and HARRIET FAY is:
36. i. SAMUEL PRESCOTT10 BUSH, b. October 04, 1863, BRICK CHUCH, NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES; d. February 08, 1948, COLUMBUS, OHIO, UNITED STATES.
33. CAROLINE9 BUSH (JOHN PENDLETON8, RICHARD IV7, BIBBY6, RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born 1815 in ALABAMA, UNITED STATES, and died 1875 in CHECOTAH, McINTOSH COUNTY, INDIAN TERRITORY, OKLAHOMA. She married (1) JAMES G. GENTRY December 26, 1837 in CLARKE, ALABAMA, UNITED STATES, son of JACOB GENTRY and ("CATAWBA INDIAN"). He was born 1814 in ALABAMA, UNITED STATES. She married (2) JACOB IVEY Abt. 1848 in CARROLL COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI, UNITED STATES.
More About JAMES GENTRY and CAROLINE BUSH:
Marriage: December 26, 1837, CLARKE, ALABAMA, UNITED STATES
More About JACOB IVEY and CAROLINE BUSH:
Marriage: Abt. 1848, CARROLL COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI, UNITED STATES
Children of CAROLINE BUSH and JAMES GENTRY are:
37. i. CAPT. WILLIAM ELIJAH10 GENTRY, b. March 11, 1842, CALHOUN COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI, UNITED STATES; d. October 24, 1908, CHECOTAH, COUNCIL HILL, McINTOSH COUNTY, UNITED STATES.
38. ii. MARY ELIZABETH GENTRY, b. 1838.
39. iii. SCOTT GENTRY, b. August 02, 1847, CALHOUN COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI, UNITED STATES.
34. HARDY9 BUSH (JOHN PENDLETON8, RICHARD IV7, BIBBY6, RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born 1812 in EDGEFIELD, SOUTH CAROLINA, UNITED STATES, and died 1872 in BOWIE COUNTY, TEXAS, UNITED STATES. He married (1) MARTHA JANE SYKES. He married (2) MARTHA HOLDEN.
Child of HARDY BUSH and MARTHA HOLDEN is:
i. JOHN A.10 BUSH.
35. OSCAR CHARLES9 BUSH (CHARLES II (MERCER)8, CHARLES I (MERCER)7, JOHN WILLIAM6, PHILLIP P.5, JOHN4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born June 07, 1877 in CINCINATTI, HAMILTON COUNTY, OHIO, UNITED STATES, and died April 16, 1955 in CHICAGO, COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, UNTED STATES. He married NATHALIA ALEXANDRA OLSZEWSKI. She was born April 04, 1900 in CHICAGO, COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, UNTED STATES, and died September 29, 1971 in CHICAGO, COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, UNTED STATES.
More About NATHALIA ALEXANDRA OLSZEWSKI:
Burial: September 30, 1971, FOREST PARK, COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, UNITED STATES
Christening: April 08, 1900, CHICAGO, COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, UNTED STATES
Religion: FIRST CHURCH OF CHRIST, SCIENTIST
Child of OSCAR BUSH and NATHALIA OLSZEWSKI is:
40. i. ROBERT CLAYTON10 BUSCH, b. August 03, 1929, OAK PARK, COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, UNITED STATES.
Generation No. 10
36. SAMUEL PRESCOTT10 BUSH (REV. JAMES SMITH9, OBADIAH NEWCOMB8, TIMOTHY II7, TIMOTHY I6, RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born October 04, 1863 in BRICK CHUCH, NEW JERSEY, UNITED STATES, and died February 08, 1948 in COLUMBUS, OHIO, UNITED STATES. He married FLORA SHELDON June 20, 1894 in COLUMBUS, OHIO, UNITED STATES, daughter of ROBERT SHELDON and MARY BUTLER. She was born March 1872, and died September 04, 1920.
More About SAMUEL PRESCOTT BUSH:
Occupation: AN OHIO STEEL MAGNANT AND ADVISOR TO PRESIDENT HOOVER
More About SAMUEL BUSH and FLORA SHELDON:
Marriage: June 20, 1894, COLUMBUS, OHIO, UNITED STATES
Child of SAMUEL BUSH and FLORA SHELDON is:
41. i. PRESCOTT SHELDON I11 BUSH, U.S. SENATOR, b. May 15, 1895, COLUMBUS, OHIO, UNITED STATES; d. October 08, 1972, NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES.
37. CAPT. WILLIAM ELIJAH10 GENTRY (CAROLINE9 BUSH, JOHN PENDLETON8, RICHARD IV7, BIBBY6, RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born March 11, 1842 in CALHOUN COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI, UNITED STATES, and died October 24, 1908 in CHECOTAH, COUNCIL HILL, McINTOSH COUNTY, UNITED STATES. He married (1) MARTHA A. LYNCH, daughter of JAMES LYNCH and NANCY MARTIN. She was born September 03, 1839, and died September 03, 1873. He married (2) MISS SALLIE D. CARR, daughter of CHIPLEY CARR and LAVINIA STEELE. She was born 1859, and died 1936. He married (3) TABITHA THOMPSON. He married (4) LUCY PERRYMAN, daughter of MOSES PERRYMAN and KATIE HARRISON. She was born 1847 in GATESVILLE, WAGONER, INDIAN TERRITORY, and died March 25, 1912.
Notes for CAPT. WILLIAM ELIJAH GENTRY:
Gentry, W. E.
W. E. Gentry was born March 11, 1842. He is the second son of James Gentry, of
Alabama, and grandson of Elijah Gentry, a white man who married a full-blood
Catawba Indian, and Miss Caroline Bush, a United States citizen. William was
sent to school for a short time in Mississippi, and then moved to the Creek
Nation, in 1855, with his father and mother. Here he went to Asberry Mission,
Eufaula, for one year, after which he commenced agriculture with his father,
continuing until the outbreak of the war, when he joined the Confederates under
Colonel Chily McIntosh, Second Creek Regiment. During the last year his company
was transferred to Jumper's regiment, Seminole Nation. At the termination of the
war, Mr. Gentry came back to his father's home, where he assisted him on the
farm. In 1867 he married Miss Sarah Crestmond, who died in 1868. In 1872 he
married Miss Martha Lynch, who died September 3, 1873. The issue of this
marriage was one boy, named Albert James, born August 27, 1873, and died
February 2, 1891. On August 11, 1878, he married Miss Sallie D. Carr, eldest
daughter of Chipley Carr, by whom he has six children, William, born August 13,
1879; Caroline, born April 21, 1881; Mary E., born April 24, 1883; Sallie P.,
born May 29, 1885; Bobby Lee, born September 15, 1887; Bluford, born October 1,
1889, and Rachel Jane, born November 2, 1891. From the year 1868 until 1875,
when his mother died, Mr. Gentry took the responsible charge of his brothers and
sisters, living with them and looking after their welfare and comfort during all
these years. Mr. Gentry commenced stock-raising at first on a very small scale,
but now, with Mr. Lerblance, is the owner of 3,500 head of stock and a
mercantile house furnished with a $12,000 stock of goods, and a $3,500 gin and
mill, the store and mill at Checotah, on the Missouri, Kansas & Texas Railroad,
also a half interest in the Indian Journal, a newspaper published at Eufaula,
Creek Nation. Mr. Gentry's individual property consists of a farm of 500 acres
of good land, all in cultivation, a pasture consisting of one square mile and
300 head of cattle. He was elected to the House of Warriors in 1887, which
office he holds until the present time. Mr. Gentry is three-fourths white, five
feet ten inches high, of gentlemanly deportment, has a great many true friends,
and is a man of good business education and sound sense.
More About CAPT. WILLIAM ELIJAH GENTRY:
Census Card Number: 509
Dawes Roll No.: 1653
Franternities Membership: Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Knights of Pythias, and Masonic fraternities
Indian Heritage: 1/4 CREEK
Military service: CAPTAIN--CONFEDERATE-SECOND CREEK REGIMENT COMMANDED BY COLONEL CHILLY McINTOSH.
Political Party: SERVED 8 YEARS IN THE HOUSE OF WARRIORS
Property: GENTRY HOTEL
Religion: METHODIST EPISCOPAL FAITH
More About MISS SALLIE D. CARR:
Census Card Number: 509
Dawes Roll No.: 1654
Indian Heritage: 1/2 CREEK
Child of CAPT. GENTRY and MARTHA LYNCH is:
i. ALBERT JAMES11 GENTRY, b. August 27, 1873, CHECOTAH, COUNCIL HILL, McINTOSH COUNTY, INDIAN TERRITORY; d. February 01, 1891, AT BACONE UNIVERSITY, MUSKOGEE, MUSKOGEE COUNTY, INDIAN TERRITORY.
Children of CAPT. GENTRY and MISS CARR are:
ii. WILLIAM V.11 GENTRY, b. August 13, 1879; m. (1) MISS ELLA M.; m. (2) MISS SARAH B..
Notes for WILLIAM V. GENTRY:
William V. Gentry
William V. Gentry 94, of 721 South Seventh, died Saturday afternoon in Muskogee General Hospital. Arrangements will be anounced by Ragsdale Mortuary. A native of Mississippi, Gentry was owner and operator of Gentry Jewelry Company until his retirement. The Jewelry Store was in operation more than 50 years. He had been chairman of the North Fifth (5) Street Baptist Church for 50 of the 74 years he has been in Muskogee. He is chairman of the church building fund.
More About WILLIAM V. GENTRY:
Namesake: WILLIAM HEWITT
Occupation: JEWELER--223 SOUTH 2nd, MUSKOGEE, MUSKOGEE COUNTY, OKLAHOMA
iii. CAROLINE GENTRY, b. April 21, 1881; d. 1970.
More About CAROLINE GENTRY:
Census Card Number: 509
Dawes Roll No.: 1655
Indian Heritage: 3/8 CREEK
iv. MARY E. GENTRY, b. April 24, 1883.
More About MARY E. GENTRY:
Census Card Number: 509
Dawes Roll No.: 1656
Indian Heritage: 3/8 CREEK
v. SALLIE P. GENTRY, b. May 29, 1885.
More About SALLIE P. GENTRY:
Census Card Number: 509
Dawes Roll No.: 1657
Indian Heritage: 3/8 CREEK
vi. ROBERT LEE GENTRY, b. September 15, 1887.
More About ROBERT LEE GENTRY:
Census Card Number: 509
Dawes Roll No.: 1658
Indian Heritage: 3/8 CREEK
vii. BLUFORD M. GENTRY, b. October 01, 1889.
More About BLUFORD M. GENTRY:
Census Card Number: 509
Dawes Roll No.: 1659
Indian Heritage: 3/8 CREEK
viii. RACHAEL JANE GENTRY, b. February 02, 1891.
More About RACHAEL JANE GENTRY:
Census Card Number: 509
Dawes Roll No.: 1660
Indian Heritage: 3/8 CREEK
ix. BOYD E. GENTRY, b. August 24, 1894.
More About BOYD E. GENTRY:
Census Card Number: 509
Dawes Roll No.: 1661
Indian Heritage: 3/8 CREEK
Children of CAPT. GENTRY and TABITHA THOMPSON are:
x. WALTER11 GENTRY.
xi. ADA GENTRY.
xii. FLORENCE GENTRY.
xiii. ADELINE GENTRY, m. WILLIAM B. HAYS.
Children of CAPT. GENTRY and LUCY PERRYMAN are:
xiv. WILLIE11 GENTRY, b. 1873, MUSKOGEE, MUSKOGEE, INDIAN TERRITORY; d. December 08, 1904.
xv. ARIZONA GENTRY, b. 1876, MUSKOGEE, MUSKOGEE, INDIAN TERRITORY.
38. MARY ELIZABETH10 GENTRY (CAROLINE9 BUSH, JOHN PENDLETON8, RICHARD IV7, BIBBY6, RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born 1838. She married THOMAS JEFFERSON GORDON.
Children of MARY GENTRY and THOMAS GORDON are:
i. SARAH PINKNEY (PINK)11 GORDON, m. GEORGE WASHINGTON EVANS, 1ST MAYOR OF OKMULGEE; b. August 15, 1859, JACKSON COUNTY, ALABAMA, UNITED STATES; d. December 06, 1929, OKMULGEE, OKMULGEE COUNTY, OKLAHOMA, UNITED STATES.
Notes for GEORGE WASHINGTON EVANS, 1ST MAYOR OF OKMULGEE:
Name: George Washington Evans
Given Name: George Washington
Birth: 1859 in Alabama
Death: 6 DEC 1929
The History of Okmulgee, Oklahoma
George Washington Evans
by Steven b. Guy (1984)
George Washington Evans, Okmulgee's First Mayor, was a son of the " Old
South", born in Alabama in 1859. He first arrived in the Indian
Territory in 1887, settling in Eufala. In 1900 Evans and his wife, Pink,
(short of Pinkney) moved to Okmulgee where Evans continued his lucrative
career as a Real Estate Broker and Insurance Salesman.
The Evans arrived in a town whose population barely exceeded 200 whites,
blacks and Indians. Okmulgee had barely grown beyond the 160 acres of
the original town site. The streets were still dirt, many of the
businesses were housed in wooden buildings grouped in a rough rectangle
around the Council House. The railroad had come through earlier that
year. There was a depot of sorts, a de-wheeled boxcar placed to one side
of the roadbed. There were no phones yet, but the Frisco obligingly
strung a telegraph line to their depot. For nearly a year this was
Okmulgee's sole link to the outside world. All in all, progress was
being made and not long after Evans arrived a Federal Judge in Muskogee
granted the petition submitted by the growing town for permission to
incorporate. After Incorporation, the first order of business was to
hold elections for the new towns first public officials. Persuaded in
the pivitol year of 1900 to run for Mayor of Okmulgee by friends, his
opponent in this first City election was Dr. William C. Mitchenor. Like
Evans, the Dr. was Southern born and bred. Unlike him, Mitchenor had
been in the area since 1896. The race was a close one, fought without
the benefit of partisan newspaper. Okmulgee had no newspapers at this
time. In the end, the people of Okmulgee voted Evans into Office by less
than a dozen votes. He was sworn into Office with four alderman; Silas
Smith, Henry Amberger, Sam Yates, and Otho Durant. The first Councilmen
came from varied walls of life. Amberger was a sign painter by trade.
Smith, a black man, had been one of Okmulgee's earliest non-Indian
settlers having opened a Blacksmith Shop in 1868. Yates and Durants
backgrounds are not known, but they were among Okmulgee's more prominent
The place where Evans and the first City Council met was a cramped frame
building that stood on the southwest corner of Seventh and Grand . The
Council rented the building for a nominal fee from its rightful owner.
This would be the seat of the City Government until 1908, when the
ground was broken for a new City Hall on the corner of Fifth and Morton.
The powers of the first City Administration were quite limited. They
were not bonded and about all they could do was provide Police
protection for the city. They hired Jess Casey as Okmulgees first Chief
of Police for $75.00 a year. As Okmulgee and the other towns in the
Indian territory grew, Congress passed legislation which increased their
Powers. Also, the fact that Evans and the Alderman were elected to a
mere one year term meant that little could be done, Evans ran for
election the next year, but was defeated by Dr. Mitchenor. After leaving
Office, Evans returned to the Insurance business. His Office was above
the First National Bank, an Institution he helped organize.
He built a home at 204 N. Alabama in Okmulgee, part of which still
stands today, although extremely remodeled. A second home meant as a
Summer retreat was built between Okmulgee and Preston. Later it was the
home of Dorothy and Lloyd Anawalt, two people who are still remembered
Invariably, Evans dressed in dark pants, a spotless white shirt with a
celluloid collar, bolo tie, suspenders and arm bands. He was a proud
owner of a magnificient mustache, one that made an inverted V framing
the lower part of his handsome face. Exuberant and friendly in nature,
at no time was it more visible than on STATEHOOD DAY in 1907.
Proclaiming that he had waited 23 years, 3 months, and 16 days for
Statehood, he invited a group of friends into the Drugstore and bought
then all cigars.
Evans purchased and brought an Automobile to Okmulgee, when such a thing
was still exotic enough to draw crowds and create a sensation. On one
occasion he was asked to drive the car in a Parade. His wife Pink, who
usually went everywhere with her husband, steadfastly refused to ride in
the "Thing". She feared that he would wreck the car and kill himself.
As was his custom, Evans spent most of his time on the front porch at
204 N. Alabama, watching Okmulgee and the World go by. The passing of
time saw Okmulgee's streets paved and bordered by concrete sidewalks.
The Town grew into a City.
By the time Evans died on Dec. 6, 1929, it was a full fledged, growing
City, due in no small part to his contributions. He set and example for
other Okmulgee Mayors to follow.
Note from submitter: Sarah Pinkney (Pink) Evans was the daughter of
Thomas Gordon and Mary Elizabeth (Gentry) Gordon, and Grand daughter of
James G. Gentry and Caroline (Bush) Gentry. She was a Sister of Susan
Jane (Gordon) Baker and Tommie Elizabeth (Gordon) Jones.
Marriage 1 Sarah Pinkney (Pink) Gordon
ii. SUSAN JANE GORDON.
iii. TOMMIE (ELIZABETH) GORDON.
39. SCOTT10 GENTRY (CAROLINE9 BUSH, JOHN PENDLETON8, RICHARD IV7, BIBBY6, RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born August 02, 1847 in CALHOUN COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI, UNITED STATES. He married MISS ABBIE BATES BERRYHILL. She was born July 26, 1847, and died June 30, 1902.
Notes for SCOTT GENTRY:
THE GENTRY FERRY
THE GENTRY FERRY crossed the ARKANSAS RIVER about 1 1/2 miles due east of the present town of HASKELL, OKLAHOMA. SCOTT GENTRY owned this ferry. His grave is about 1 mile east of the river on the HIGHWAY HASKELL TO PORTER.
SEPTEMBER 30, 1897
DIED -- DICK CARR, who had just sold a wagonload of cotton from the SCOTT GENTRY FARM IN CHOSKA, was murdered and robbed.
MUSKOGEE WEEKLY PHOENIX
Section 32, R16E, T16N, Gatesville Township, Wagoner County, Oklahoma. North side of Highway 104 just before you reach east entrance to the highway bridge across the Arkansas River. This is the CHOSKA AREA.
Fenced and maintained.
Although there is only one monument, it has been reported that there are four burial sites. They include the husband, SCOTT GENTRY (C-1853), ADDIE GENTRY (C-1854) and two of their children. Four GENTRY family members each received 160 acre CREEK NATION ALLOTMENTS in this vicinity.
More About SCOTT GENTRY:
Census Card Number: 572
Dawes Roll No.: 1853
Indian Heritage: 1/4 CREEK
Military service: 1875, LIGHT HORSE GUARDS OF THE MUSKOGEE DISTRICT, AND CAPTIAN OF LIGHT HORSE IN THE COWETA DISTRICT FOR ONE TERM. SERVED WITH THE UNITED STATES INDIAN POLICE, AND WAS A UNITED STATES DEPUTY MARSHALL.
Religion: METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH, SOUTH
More About MISS ABBIE BATES BERRYHILL:
Census Card Number: 572
Dawes Roll No.: 1854
Indian Heritage: 3/4 CREEK
Children of SCOTT GENTRY and MISS BERRYHILL are:
i. CAROLINE11 GENTRY.
ii. JAMES GENTRY, d. Bef. 1900.
iii. RACHEL P. GENTRY, b. October 02, 1873; d. January 31, 1881.
40. ROBERT CLAYTON10 BUSCH (OSCAR CHARLES9 BUSH, CHARLES II (MERCER)8, CHARLES I (MERCER)7, JOHN WILLIAM6, PHILLIP P.5, JOHN4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born August 03, 1929 in OAK PARK, COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, UNITED STATES. He married NORMA LOU ROEDER March 07, 1953 in ANDREW, JACKSON COUNTY, INDIANA, UNTED STATES. She was born July 21, 1930 in ANDREW, JACKSON COUNTY, INDIANA, UNITED STATES.
More About ROBERT CLAYTON BUSCH:
Occupation: SALESMAN, E. I. DUPONT, INDEPENDANT BUSINESSMAN
More About NORMA LOU ROEDER:
Occupation: FLIGHT ATTENDANT
More About ROBERT BUSCH and NORMA ROEDER:
Marriage: March 07, 1953, ANDREW, JACKSON COUNTY, INDIANA, UNTED STATES
Child of ROBERT BUSCH and NORMA ROEDER is:
42. i. PAULA JEAN11 BUSCH, b. June 23, 1955, OAK PARK, COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, UNITED STATES.
Generation No. 11
41. PRESCOTT SHELDON I11 BUSH, U.S. SENATOR (SAMUEL PRESCOTT10, REV. JAMES SMITH9, OBADIAH NEWCOMB8, TIMOTHY II7, TIMOTHY I6, RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born May 15, 1895 in COLUMBUS, OHIO, UNITED STATES, and died October 08, 1972 in NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES. He married DOROTHY WALKER August 06, 1921 in KENNEBUNKPORT, YORK COUNTY, MAINE, UNITED STATES, daughter of GEORGE WALKER and LUCRETIA WEAR. She was born July 01, 1901 in KENNEBUNKPORT, YORK COUNTY, MAINE, UNITED STATES, and died November 19, 1992 in GREENWICH, CONNECTICUT, UNITED STATES.
Notes for PRESCOTT SHELDON I BUSH, U.S. SENATOR:
Chapter - II - The Hitler Project
Bush Property Seized--Trading with the Enemy
In October 1942, ten months after entering World War II, America was preparing
its first assault against Nazi military forces. Prescott Bush was managing
partner of Brown Brothers Harriman. His 18-year-old son George, the future U.S.
President, had just begun training to become a naval pilot. On Oct. 20, 1942,
the U.S. government ordered the seizure of Nazi German banking operations in New
York City which were being conducted by Prescott Bush.
Under the Trading with the Enemy Act, the government took over the Union Banking
Corporation, in which Bush was a director. The U.S. Alien Property Custodian
seized Union Banking Corp.'s stock shares, all of which were owned by Prescott
Bush, E. Roland `` Bunny '' Harriman, three Nazi executives, and two other
associates of Bushs'.
The order seizing the bank `` vests '' (seizes) `` all of the capital stock of
Union Banking Corporation, a New York corporation, '' and names the holders of
its shares as:
`` E. Roland Harriman--3991 shares ''
[chairman and director of Union Banking Corp. (UBC); this is `` Bunny ''
Harriman, described by Prescott Bush as a place holder who didn't get much
into banking affairs; Prescott managed his personal investments]
`` Cornelis Lievense--4 shares ''
[president and director of UBC; New York resident banking functionary for the
`` Harold D. Pennington--1 share ''
[treasurer and director of UBC; an office manager employed by Bush at Brown
`` Ray Morris--1 share ''
[director of UBC; partner of Bush and the Harrimans]
`` Prescott S. Bush--1 share ''
[director of UBC, which was co-founded and sponsored by his father-in-law
George Walker; senior managing partner for E. Roland Harriman and Averell
`` H.J. Kouwenhoven--1 share ''
[director of UBC; organized UBC as the emissary of Fritz Thyssen in
negotiations with George Walker and Averell Harriman; managing director of
UBC's Netherlands affiliate under Nazi occupation; industrial executive in
Nazi Germany; director and chief foreign financial executive of the German
`` Johann G. Groeninger--1 share ''
[director of UBC and of its Netherlands affiliate; industrial executive in
`` all of which shares are held for the benefit of ... members of the Thyssen
family, [and] is property of nationals ... of a designated enemy country....
By Oct. 26, 1942, U.S. troops were under way for North Africa. On Oct. 28, the
government issued orders seizing two Nazi front organizations run by the
Bush-Harriman bank: the Holland-American Trading Corporation and the Seamless
Steel Equipment Corporation.
U.S. forces landed under fire near Algiers on Nov. 8, 1942; heavy combat raged
throughout November. Nazi interests in the Silesian-American Corporation, long
managed by Prescott Bush and his father-in-law George Herbert Walker, were
seized under the Trading with the Enemy Act on Nov. 17, 1942. In this action,
the government announced that it was seizing only the Nazi interests, leaving
the Nazis' U.S. partners to carry on the business.
These and other actions taken by the U.S. government in wartime were,
tragically, too little and too late. President Bush's family had already played
a central role in financing and arming Adolf Hitler for his takeover of Germany;
in financing and managing the buildup of Nazi war industries for the conquest of
Europe and war against the U.S.A.; and in the development of Nazi genocide
theories and racial propaganda, with their well-known results.
The facts presented here must be known, and their implications reflected upon,
for a proper understanding of President George Herbert Walker Bush and of the
danger to mankind that he represents. The President's family fortune was largely
a result of the Hitler project. The powerful Anglo-American family associations,
which later boosted him into the Central Intelligence Agency and up to the White
House, were his father's partners in the Hitler project.
President Franklin Roosevelt's Alien Property Custodian, Leo T. Crowley, signed
Vesting Order Number 248 seizing the property of Prescott Bush under the Trading
with the Enemy Act. The order, published in obscure government record books and
kept out of the news,@s4 explained nothing about the Nazis involved; only that
the Union Banking Corporation was run for the `` Thyssen family '' of `` Germany
and/or Hungary ''--`` nationals ... of a designated enemy country. ''
By deciding that Prescott Bush and the other directors of the Union Banking
Corp. were legally front men for the Nazis, the government avoided the more
important historical issue: In what way were Hitler's Nazis themselves hired,
armed and instructed by the New York and London clique of which Prescott Bush
was an executive manager? Let us examine the Harriman-Bush Hitler project from
the 1920s until it was partially broken up, to seek an answer for that question.
Origin and Extent of the Project
Fritz Thyssen and his business partners are universally recognized as the most
important German financiers of Adolf Hitler's takeover of Germany. At the time
of the order seizing the Thyssen family's Union Banking Corp., Mr. Fritz Thyssen
had already published his famous book, I Paid Hitler, admitting that he had
financed Adolf Hitler and the Nazi movement since October 1923. Thyssen's role
as the leading early backer of Hitler's grab for power in Germany had been noted
by U.S. diplomats in Berlin in 1932. The order seizing the Bush-Thyssen bank
was curiously quiet and modest about the identity of the perpetrators who had
But two weeks before the official order, government investigators had reported
secretly that `` W. Averell Harriman was in Europe sometime prior to 1924 and at
that time became acquainted with Fritz Thyssen, the German industrialist. ''
Harriman and Thyssen agreed to set up a bank for Thyssen in New York. ``
[C]ertain of [Harriman's] associates would serve as directors.... '' Thyssen
agent `` H. J. Kouwenhoven ... came to the United States ... prior to 1924 for
conferences with the Harriman Company in this connection.... ''
When exactly was `` Harriman in Europe sometime prior to 1924 ''? In fact, he
was in Berlin in 1922 to set up the Berlin branch of W.A. Harriman & Co. under
George Walker's presidency.
The Union Banking Corporation was established formally in 1924, as a unit in the
Manhattan offices of W.A. Harriman & Co., interlocking with the Thyssen-owned
Bank voor Handel en Scheepvaart (BHS) in the Netherlands. The investigators
concluded that `` the Union Banking Corporation has since its inception handled
funds chiefly supplied to it through the Dutch bank by the Thyssen interests for
American investment. ''
Thus by personal agreement between Averell Harriman and Fritz Thyssen in 1922,
W.A. Harriman & Co. (alias Union Banking Corporation) would be transferring
funds back and forth between New York and the `` Thyssen interests '' in
Germany. By putting up about $400,000, the Harriman organization would be joint
owner and manager of Thyssen's banking operations outside of Germany.
How important was the Nazi enterprise for which President Bush's father was the
New York banker?
The 1942 U.S. government investigative report said that Bush's Nazi-front bank
was an interlocking concern with the Vereinigte Stahlwerke (United Steel Works
Corporation or German Steel Trust) led by Fritz Thyssen and his two brothers.
After the war, Congressional investigators probed the Thyssen interests, Union
Banking Corp. and related Nazi units. The investigation showed that the
Vereinigte Stahlwerke had produced the following approximate proportions of
total German national output:
50.8% of Nazi Germany's pig iron
41.4% of Nazi Germany's universal plate
36.0% of Nazi Germany's heavy plate
38.5% of Nazi Germany's galvanized sheet
45.5% of Nazi Germany's pipes and tubes
22.1% of Nazi Germany's wire
35.0% of Nazi Germany's explosives
Prescott Bush became vice president of W.A. Harriman & Co. in 1926. That same
year, a friend of Harriman and Bush set up a giant new organization for their
client Fritz Thyssen, prime sponsor of politician Adolf Hitler. The new German
Steel Trust, Germany's largest industrial corporation, was organized in 1926 by
Wall Street banker Clarence Dillon. Dillon was the old comrade of Prescott
Bush's father Sam Bush from the `` Merchants of Death '' bureau in World War I.
In return for putting up $70 million to create his organization, majority owner
Thyssen gave the Dillon Read company two or more representatives on the board of
the new Steel Trust.
Thus there is a division of labor: Thyssen's own confidential accounts, for
political and related purposes, were run through the Walker-Bush organization;
the German Steel Trust did its corporate banking through Dillon Read.
The Walker-Bush firm's banking activities were not just politically neutral
money-making ventures which happened to coincide with the aims of German Nazis.
All of the firm's European business in those days was organized around
anti-democratic political forces.
In 1927, criticism of their support for totalitarianism drew this retort from
Bert Walker, written from Kennebunkport to Averell Harriman: `` It seems to me
that the suggestion in connection with Lord Bearsted's views that we withdraw
from Russia smacks somewhat of the impertinent.... I think that we have drawn
our line and should hew to it. ''
Averell Harriman met with Italy's fascist dictator, Benito Mussolini. A
representative of the firm subsequently telegraphed good news back to his chief
executive Bert Walker: `` ... During these last days ... Mussolini ... has
examined and approved our c[o]ntract 15 June. ''
The great financial collapse of 1929-31 shook America, Germany and Britain,
weakening all governments. It also made the hard-pressed Prescott Bush even more
willing to do whatever was necessary to retain his new place in the world. It
was in this crisis that certain Anglo-Americans determined on the installation
of a Hitler regime in Germany.
W.A. Harriman & Co., well-positioned for this enterprise and rich in assets from
their German and Russian business, merged with the British-American investment
house, Brown Brothers, on January 1, 1931. Bert Walker retired to his own G.H.
Walker & Co. This left the Harriman brothers, Prescott Bush and Thatcher M.
Brown as the senior partners of the new Brown Brothers Harriman firm. (The
London, England branch of the Brown family firm continued operating under its
historic name--Brown, Shipley.)
Robert A. Lovett also came over as a partner from Brown Brothers. His father,
E.H. Harriman's lawyer and railroad chief, had been on the War Industries Board
with Prescott's father. Though he remained a partner in Brown Brothers Harriman,
the junior Lovett soon replaced his father as chief executive of Union Pacific
Brown Brothers had a racial tradition that fitted it well for the Hitler
project! American patriots had cursed its name back in U.S. Civil War days.
Brown Brothers, with offices in the U.S.A. and in England, had carried on their
ships fully 75 percent of the slave cotton from the American South over to
British mill owners. Now in 1931, the virtual dictator of world finance, Bank of
England Governor Montagu Collet Norman, was a former Brown Brothers partner,
whose grandfather had been boss of Brown Brothers during the U.S. Civil War.
Montagu Norman was known as the most avid of Hitler's supporters within British
ruling circles, and Norman's intimacy with this firm was essential to his
management of the Hitler project.
In 1931, while Prescott Bush ran the New York office of Brown Brothers Harriman,
Prescott's partner was Montagu Norman's intimate friend Thatcher Brown. The Bank
of England chief always stayed at the home of Prescott's partner on his
hush-hush trips to New York. Prescott Bush concentrated on the firm's German
activities, and Thatcher Brown saw to their business in old England, under the
guidance of his mentor Montagu Norman.
Hitler's Ladder to Power
Adolf Hitler became Chancellor of Germany January 30, 1933, and absolute
dictator in March 1933, after two years of expensive and violent lobbying and
electioneering. Two affiliates of the Bush-Harriman organization played great
parts in this criminal undertaking: Thyssen's German Steel Trust; and the
Hamburg-Amerika Line and several of its executives.
Let us look more closely at the Bush family's German partners.
Fritz Thyssen told Allied interrogators after the war about some of his
financial support for the Nazi Party: `` In 1930 or 1931 ... I told [Hitler's
deputy Rudolph] Hess ... I would arrange a credit for him with a Dutch bank in
Rotterdam, the Bank fu'aur Handel und Schiff [i.e. Bank voor Handel en
Scheepvaart (BHS), the Harriman-Bush affiliate]. I arranged the credit ... he
would pay it back in three years.... I chose a Dutch bank because I did not want
to be mixed up with German banks in my position, and because I thought it was
better to do business with a Dutch bank, and I thought I would have the Nazis a
little more in my hands... .
`` The credit was about 250-300,000 [gold] marks--about the sum I had given
before. The loan has been repaid in part to the Dutch bank, but I think some
money is still owing on it.... ''
The overall total of Thyssen's political donations and loans to the Nazis was
well over a million dollars, including funds he raised from others--in a period
of terrible money shortage in Germany.
Friedrich Flick was the major co-owner of the German Steel Trust with Fritz
Thyssen, Thyssen's long-time collaborator and occasional competitor. In
preparation for the war crimes tribunal at Nuremberg, the U.S. government said
that Flick was `` one of leading financiers and industrialists who from 1932
contributed large sums to the Nazi Party ... member of `Circle of Friends' of
Himmler who contributed large sums to the SS. ''
Flick, like Thyssen, financed the Nazis to maintain their private armies called
Schutzstaffel (S.S. or Black Shirts) and Sturmabteilung (S.A., storm troops or
The Flick-Harriman partnership was directly supervised by Prescott Bush,
President Bush's father, and by George Walker, President Bush's grandfather.
The Harriman-Walker Union Banking Corp. arrangements for the German Steel Trust
had made them bankers for Flick and his vast operations in Germany by no later
The Harriman Fifteen Corporation (George Walker, president, Prescott Bush and
Averell Harriman, sole directors) held a substantial stake in the Silesian
Holding Co. at the time of the merger with Brown Brothers, Jan. 1, 1931. This
holding correlated to Averell Harriman's chairmanship of the Consolidated
Silesian Steel Corporation, the American group owning one-third of a complex of
steel-making, coal-mining and zinc-mining activities in Germany and Poland, in
which Friedrich Flick owned two-thirds.
The Nuremberg prosecutor characterized Flick as follows:
`` Proprietor and head of a large group of industrial enterprises (coal and iron
mines, steel producing and fabricating plants) ... `Wehrwirtschaftsfuh'aurer',
1938 [title awarded to prominent industrialists for merit in armaments
drive--`Military Economy Leader'].... ''
For this buildup of the Hitler war machine with coal, steel and arms production,
using slave laborers, the Nazi Flick was condemned to seven years in prison at
the Nuremberg trials; he served three years. With friends in New York and
London, however, Flick lived into the 1970s and died a billionaire.
On March 19, 1934, Prescott Bush--then director of the German Steel Trust's
Union Banking Corporation--initiated an alert to the absent Averell Harriman
about a problem which had developed in the Flick partnership. Bush sent
Harriman a clipping from the New York Times of that day, which reported that the
Polish government was fighting back against American and German stockholders who
controlled `` Poland's largest industrial unit, the Upper Silesian Coal and
Steel Company.... ''
The Times article continued: `` The company has long been accused of
mismanagement, excessive borrowing, fictitious bookkeeping and gambling in
securities. Warrants were issued in December for several directors accused of
tax evasions. They were German citizens and they fled. They were replaced by
Poles. Herr Flick, regarding this as an attempt to make the company's board
entirely Polish, retaliated by restricting credits until the new Polish
directors were unable to pay the workmen regularly. ''
The Times noted that the company's mines and mills `` employ 25,000 men and
account for 45 percent of Poland's total steel output and 12 percent of her coal
production. Two-thirds of the company's stock is owned by Friedrich Flick, a
leading German steel industrialist, and the remainder is owned by interests in
the United States. ''
In view of the fact that a great deal of Polish output was being exported to
Hitler Germany under depression conditions, the Polish government thought that
Prescott Bush, Harriman and their Nazi partners should at least pay full taxes
on their Polish holdings. The U.S. and Nazi owners responded with a lockout. The
letter to Harriman in Washington reported a cable from their European
representative: `` Have undertaken new steps London Berlin ... please establish
friendly relations with Polish Ambassador [in Washington]. ''
A 1935 Harriman Fifteen Corporation memo from George Walker announced an
agreement had been made `` in Berlin '' to sell an 8,000 block of their shares
in Consolidated Silesian Steel." But the dispute with Poland did not deter
the Bush family from continuing its partnership with Flick.
Nazi tanks and bombs `` settled '' this dispute in September, 1939 with the
invasion of Poland, beginning World War II. The Nazi army had been equipped by
Flick, Harriman, Walker and Bush, with materials essentially stolen from Poland.
There were probably few people at the time who could appreciate the irony, that
when the Soviets also attacked and invaded Poland from the East, their vehicles
were fueled by oil pumped from Baku wells revived by the Harriman/Walker/Bush
Three years later, nearly a year after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, the
U.S. government ordered the seizure of the Nazis' share in the Silesian-American
Corporation under the Trading with the Enemy Act. Enemy nationals were said to
own 49 percent of the common stock and 41.67 percent of the preferred stock of
The order characterized the company as a `` business enterprise within the
United States, owned by [a front company in] Zurich, Switzerland, and held for
the benefit of Bergwerksgesellschaft George von Giesche's Erben, a German
Bert Walker was still the senior director of the company, which he had founded
back in 1926 simultaneously with the creation of the German Steel Trust. Ray
Morris, Prescott's partner from Union Banking Corp. and Brown Brothers Harriman,
was also a director.
The investigative report prior to the government crackdown explained the ``
NATURE OF BUSINESS: The subject corporation is an American holding company for
German and Polish subsidiaries, which own large and valuable coal and zinc mines
in Silesia, Poland and Germany. Since September 1939, these properties have been
in the possession of and have been operated by the German government and have
undoubtedly been of considerable assistance to that country in its war effort."
The report noted that the American stockholders hoped to regain control of the
European properties after the war.
Control of Nazi Commerce
Bert Walker had arranged the credits Harriman needed to take control of the
Hamburg-Amerika Line back in 1920. Walker had organized the American Ship and
Commerce Corp. as a unit of the W.A. Harriman & Co., with contractual power over
As the Hitler project went into high gear, Harriman-Bush shares in American Ship
and Commerce Corp. were held by the Harriman Fifteen Corp., run by Prescott Bush
and Bert Walker.
It was a convenient stroll for the well-tanned, athletic, handsome Prescott
Bush: From the Brown Brothers Harriman skyscraper at 59 Wall Street--where he
was senior managing partner, confidential investments manager and adviser to
Averell and his brother `` Bunny ''--he walked across to the Harriman Fifteen
Corporation at One Wall Street, otherwise known as G.H. Walker & Co.--and around
the corner to his subsidiary offices at 39 Broadway, former home of the old W.A.
Harriman & Co., and still the offices for American Ship and Commerce Corp., and
of the Union Banking Corporation.
In many ways, Bush's Hamburg-Amerika Line was the pivot for the entire Hitler
Averell Harriman and Bert Walker had gained control over the steamship company
in 1920 in negotiations with its post-World War I chief executive, Wilhelm Cuno,
and with the line's bankers, M.M. Warburg. Cuno was thereafter completely
dependent on the Anglo-Americans, and became a member of the Anglo-German
Friendship Society. In the 1930-32 drive for a Hitler dictatorship, Wilhelm Cuno
contributed important sums to the Nazi Party.
Albert Voegler was chief executive of the Thyssen-Flick German Steel Trust for
which Bush's Union Banking Corp. was the New York office. He was a director of
the Bush-affiliate BHS Bank in Rotterdam, and a director of the Harriman-Bush
Hamburg-Amerika Line. Voegler joined Thyssen and Flick in their heavy 1930-33
Nazi contributions, and helped organize the final Nazi leap into national
The Schroeder family of bankers was a linchpin for the Nazi activities of
Harriman and Prescott Bush, closely tied to their lawyers Allen and John Foster
Baron Kurt von Schroeder was co-director of the massive Thyssen-Hu-autte foundry
along with Johann Groeninger, Prescott Bush's New York bank partner. Kurt von
Schroeder was treasurer of the support organization for the Nazi Party's private
armies, to which Friedrich Flick contributed. Kurt von Schroeder and Montagu
Norman's prote-aage-aa Hjalmar Schacht together made the final arrangements for
Hitler to enter the government.
Baron Rudolph von Schroeder was vice president and director of the
Hamburg-Amerika Line. Long an intimate contact of Averell Harriman's in Germany,
Baron Rudolph sent his grandson Baron Johann Rudolph for a tour of Prescott
Bush's Brown Brothers Harriman offices in New York City in December 1932--on the
eve of their Hitler-triumph.
Certain actions taken directly by the Harriman-Bush shipping line in 1932 must
be ranked among the gravest acts of treason in this century.
The U.S. embassy in Berlin reported back to Washington that the `` costly
election campaigns '' and `` the cost of maintaining a private army of 300,000
to 400,000 men '' had raised questions as to the Nazis' financial backers. The
constitutional government of the German republic moved to defend national
freedom by ordering the Nazi Party private armies disbanded. The U.S. embassy
reported that the Hamburg-Amerika Line was purchasing and distributing
propaganda attacks against the German government, for attempting this
last-minute crackdown on Hitler's forces.
Thousands of German opponents of Hitlerism were shot or intimidated by privately
armed Nazi Brown Shirts. In this connection we note that the original ``
Merchant of Death, '' Samuel Pryor, was a founding director of both the Union
Banking Corp. and the American Ship and Commerce Corp. Since Mr. Pryor was
executive committee chairman of Remington Arms and a central figure in the
world's private arms traffic, his use to the Hitler project was enhanced as the
Bush family's partner in Nazi Party banking and trans-Atlantic shipping.
The U.S. Senate arms-traffic investigators probed Remington after it was joined
in a cartel agreement on explosives to the Nazi firm I.G. Farben. Looking at the
period leading up to Hitler's seizure of power, the Senators found that ``
German political associations, like the Nazi and others, are nearly all armed
with American ... guns.... Arms of all kinds coming from America are
transshipped in the Scheldt to river barges before the vessels arrive in
Antwerp. They then can be carried through Holland without police inspection or
interference. The Hitlerists and Communists are presumed to get arms in this
manner. The principal arms coming from America are Thompson submachine guns and
revolvers. The number is great. ''
The beginning of the Hitler regime brought some bizarre changes to the
Hamburg-Amerika Line--and more betrayals.
Prescott Bush's American Ship and Commerce Corp. notified Max Warburg of
Hamburg, Germany, on March 7, 1933, that Warburg was to be the corporation's
official, designated representative on the board of Hamburg-Amerika.
Max Warburg replied on March 27, 1933, assuring his American sponsors that the
Hitler government was good for Germany: `` For the last few years business was
considerably better than we had anticipated, but a reaction is making itself
felt for some months. We are actually suffering also under the very active
propaganda against Germany, caused by some unpleasant circumstances. These
occurrences were the natural consequence of the very excited election campaign,
but were extraordinarily exaggerated in the foreign press. The Government is
firmly resolved to maintain public peace and order in Germany, and I feel
perfectly convinced in this respect that there is no cause for any alarm
This seal of approval for Hitler, coming from a famous Jew, was just what
Harriman and Bush required, for they anticipated rather serious `` alarm ''
inside the U.S.A. against their Nazi operations.
On March 29, 1933, two days after Max's letter to Harriman, Max's son, Erich
Warburg, sent a cable to his cousin Frederick M. Warburg, a director of the
Harriman railroad system. He asked Frederick to `` use all your influence '' to
stop all anti-Nazi activity in America, including `` atrocity news and
unfriendly propaganda in foreign press, mass meetings, etc. '' Frederick cabled
back to Erich: `` No responsible groups here [are] urging [a] boycott [of]
German goods[,] merely excited individuals. '' Two days after that, On March 31,
1933, the American-Jewish Committee, controlled by the Warburgs, and the B'nai
B'rith, heavily influenced by the Sulzbergers (New York Times), issued a formal,
official joint statement of the two organizations, counseling `` that no
American boycott against Germany be encouraged, '' and advising `` that no
further mass meetings be held or similar forms of agitation be employed."
The American Jewish Committee and the B'nai B'rith (mother of the ``
Anti-Defamation League '') continued with this hardline, no-attack-on-Hitler
stance all through the 1930s, blunting the fight mounted by many Jews and other
Thus the decisive interchange reproduced above, taking place entirely within the
orbit of the Harriman/Bush firm, may explain something of the relationship of
George Bush to American Jewish and Zionist leaders. Some of them, in close
cooperation with his family, played an ugly part in the drama of Naziism. Is
this why `` professional Nazi-hunters '' have never discovered how the Bush
family made its money?
The executive board of the Hamburg Amerika Line (Hapag) met jointly with the
North German Lloyd Company board in Hamburg on Sept. 5, 1933. Under official
Nazi supervision, the two firms were merged. Prescott Bush's American Ship and
Commerce Corp. installed Christian J. Beck, a long-time Harriman executive, as
manager of freight and operations in North America for the new joint Nazi
shipping lines (Hapag-Lloyd) on Nov. 4, 1933.
According to testimony of officials of the companies before Congress in 1934, a
supervisor from the Nazi Labor Front rode with every ship of the Harriman-Bush
line; employees of the New York offices were directly organized into the Nazi
Labor Front organization; Hamburg-Amerika provided free passage to individuals
going abroad for Nazi propaganda purposes; and the line subsidized pro-Nazi
newspapers in the U.S.A., as it had done in Germany against the constitutional
In mid-1936, Prescott Bush's American Ship and Commerce Corp. cabled M.M.
Warburg, asking Warburg to represent the company's heavy share interest at the
forthcoming Hamburg-Amerika stockholders meeting. The Warburg office replied
with the information that `` we represented you '' at the stockholders meeting
and `` exercised on your behalf your voting power for Rm [gold marks] 3,509,600
Hapag stock deposited with us. ''
More About PRESCOTT SHELDON I BUSH, U.S. SENATOR:
Occupation: UNITED STATES SENATOR
More About PRESCOTT BUSH and DOROTHY WALKER:
Marriage: August 06, 1921, KENNEBUNKPORT, YORK COUNTY, MAINE, UNITED STATES
Children of PRESCOTT BUSH and DOROTHY WALKER are:
43. i. GEORGE HERBERT WALKER12 BUSH, 41ST PRESIDENT OF US, b. June 12, 1924, MILTON, MASSACHUSETTS, UNITED STATES.
ii. PRESCOTT SHELDON II BUSH, b. 1922.
iii. NANCY BUSH, b. 1926.
iv. JONATHAN JAME BUSH, b. 1931.
v. WILLIAM TROTTER BUSH, b. 1938.
42. PAULA JEAN11 BUSCH (ROBERT CLAYTON10, OSCAR CHARLES9 BUSH, CHARLES II (MERCER)8, CHARLES I (MERCER)7, JOHN WILLIAM6, PHILLIP P.5, JOHN4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born June 23, 1955 in OAK PARK, COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, UNITED STATES. She married FRANCIS JOHN ARDUINI July 05, 1980 in TULSA, TULSA COUNTY, OKLAHOMA, son of JOHN ARDUINI and ROSE PIZZO. He was born December 29, 1956 in SUN VALLEY, LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES.
More About PAULA JEAN BUSCH:
Education: B.S. -- UNIVERSITY OF TULSA MEd, UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CARLINA
More About FRANCIS JOHN ARDUINI:
Christening: January 1957, SEPULVED, LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
More About FRANCIS ARDUINI and PAULA BUSCH:
Marriage: July 05, 1980, TULSA, TULSA COUNTY, OKLAHOMA
Children of PAULA BUSCH and FRANCIS ARDUINI are:
i. AMY ELISSA12 ARDUINI.
ii. JOHN ROBERT ARDUINI.
Generation No. 12
43. GEORGE HERBERT WALKER12 BUSH, 41ST PRESIDENT OF US (PRESCOTT SHELDON I11, SAMUEL PRESCOTT10, REV. JAMES SMITH9, OBADIAH NEWCOMB8, TIMOTHY II7, TIMOTHY I6, RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born June 12, 1924 in MILTON, MASSACHUSETTS, UNITED STATES. He married BARBARA PIERCE January 06, 1945 in RYE, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, daughter of MARVIN PIERCE and PAULINE ROBINSON. She was born June 08, 1925 in RYE, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES.
Notes for GEORGE HERBERT WALKER BUSH, 41ST PRESIDENT OF US:
THE UNHOLY ALLIANCE OF BIG OIL
Workers World [Sam Marcy]: The Evil Empire at work (Aug. 23, 1990)
The Evil Empire is hard at work, moving faster than at any time since the
Second World War. It has mobilized the largest naval armada since that
global conflict. It has already deployed thousands of U.S. soldiers on the
sands of Saudi Arabia and along the coast of Kuwait. President Bush is
talking openly of a quarantine, which is the last step before open war.
"Why are we in Saudi Arabia?" asks the Wall Street Journal of Aug. 15.
"We're there to protect the integrity of the world's oil supply," say the
Journal editors. But the world's oil supply doesn't belong to the world.
It belongs to a handful of multinational corporations, as greedy,
avaricious, and extortionate a grouping as ever existed.
"The world cannot tolerate," says the Journal, "a power with the capability of
imposing a tax on all the West, especially a power that would use its profits
to build nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons to extract more
declarations of surrender and tribute." Who's raising gas prices? Who is
the Journal talking about? Who is imposing a tax on the American people
as of today? Look at any gas station in the country and the answer is as
clear as crystal. It is Mobil, Exxon, Texaco, Ashland, Gulf--or any one of a
dozen of smaller companies. Even in the period of a glutted oil market, they
dared to raise the price of gasoline! And when President Bush was asked
why he didn't do something, he urged them to exercise "voluntary restraint."
What power "uses its profits to build nuclear, chemical and biological
weapons to extract declarations of surrender and tribute"? Isn't that the
U.S.? Wasn't the Pentagon the first to store chemical, nuclear and biological
weapons by the hundreds of thousands? Don't they extract both tribute
and surrender from oppressed peoples who dare to stand up to the
behemoth of imperialist finance? "Saddam Hussein is indeed a modern
pirate, whose men this week were literally looting Kuwait of its material
wealth and carting it back to Baghdad," says the Journal editorial.
So it's Saddam Hussein. Yesterday it was Noriega. He's all but forgotten
in the last few months, now that Panama is presumably securely occupied
by U.S. military forces after the many, many casualties meted out to the
population, women and children included. The day before that it was
Muammar Qaddafi. But this week it's Hussein whose men are looting
Kuwait of its material wealth. Oh, how the imperialists can lie and lie in
the face of the most obvious facts! The wealth of Kuwait has been
flowing into the coffers of the Western imperialists for decades.
It's in the superbanks of the imperialist world--Chase Manhattan, Chemical,
Manufacturers Hanover, as well as the big British, French, Swiss,
Belgian, German and Japanese banks. Who should know this better
than the financial hotshots of the Wall Street Journal? Then the Journal
quotes Secretary of State James Baker. He briefed NATO foreign
ministers last week, suggesting "that `the world could be plunged into
a new dark age' if the Iraqis got away with stealing Kuwait."
All the Middle East knows that the Kuwaiti government has been a puppet
of U.S. imperialism and that its wealth has been stuffing the deep pockets
of the bankers in New York, Tokyo, London, etc. What constitutes the
Evil Empire? It is the unholy alliance of big oil, the multinational
corporations, the military-industrial complex, the big banks, and the
capitalist government which undeviatingly acts as their willing servants.
More About GEORGE HERBERT WALKER BUSH, 41ST PRESIDENT OF US:
Political Party: REPUBLICIAN
More About GEORGE BUSH and BARBARA PIERCE:
Marriage: January 06, 1945, RYE, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
Children of GEORGE BUSH and BARBARA PIERCE are:
44. i. GEORGE WALKER13 BUSH, 43RD PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A., b. July 06, 1946, NEW HAVEN, CONNECTICUT, UNITED STATES.
ii. JOHN ('JEB') ELLIS BUSH, GOVERNOR OF FLORIDA, b. February 11, 1953, MIDLAND, MIDLAND COUNTY, TEXAS, UNITED STATES.
More About JOHN ('JEB') ELLIS BUSH, GOVERNOR OF FLORIDA:
Occupation: GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA, ALSO KNOW AS THE STATE OF MUSKOGEE.
iii. NEIL MALLON BUSH.
iv. MARVIN BUSH.
v. ROBIN BUSH.
vi. DOROTHY BUSH.
Generation No. 13
44. GEORGE WALKER13 BUSH, 43RD PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. (GEORGE HERBERT WALKER12, PRESCOTT SHELDON I11, SAMUEL PRESCOTT10, REV. JAMES SMITH9, OBADIAH NEWCOMB8, TIMOTHY II7, TIMOTHY I6, RICHARD III5, RICHARD II4, ABRAHAM3, JOHN II2, JOHN I1) was born July 06, 1946 in NEW HAVEN, CONNECTICUT, UNITED STATES. He married LAURA LANE WELCH November 1977 in MIDLAND, TEXAS, UNITED STATES, daughter of HAROLD WELCH and JENNA HAWKINS. She was born November 04, 1946 in MIDLAND, MIDLAND COUNTY, TEXAS, UNITED STATES.
Notes for GEORGE WALKER BUSH, 43RD PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A.:
TITLE: RUBUBLICAN BUSH HAS BLUER BLOOD THAN GORE
SUMMARY: Republican candidate for president George W. Bush apparently has bluer blood than his Democratic rival, Vice-President Al Gore, according to Britain's Burke's Peerage in an article Monday
DATE: November 6, 2000 09:35
DOCUMENT SIZE: Very short (288 words)
DOCUMENT ID: FB20001106540000130
SUBJECTS: UPI; Britain; Family; London; Publishing; Republican; Research; Texas
COPYRIGHT HOLDER: 2000, UPI
TITLE: THE AMERICAN ROYALS, IF GENEALOGISTS ARE RIGHT, BUSH, GORE AND YOU FIGURE TO HAVE ARISTOCRATIC BLOODLINES
SUMMARY: Genealogists on this side of the "pond" sniff at a report last week from Burke's Peerage, a respected British guide to aristocracy: If the presidential election were settled on the basis of royal genes, George W. Bush would win.
SOURCE: KANSAS CITY STAR
DATE: October 30, 2000
DOCUMENT SIZE: Short (1or 2 pages)
DUCUMENT ID: AA20001031040006652
CITATION INFORMATION: p.E1
AUTHOR(S): Lisa Gutierrez
COPYRIGHT HOLDER: 2000, Kansas City Star Company
DOCUMENT TYPE: Article
Bush's Former Oil Company Linked To bin Laden Family
Bush's Former Oil Company
Linked To bin Laden Family
By Rick Wiles
American Freedom News.com
c. 2001 American Freedom News
President Bush recently signed an executive order to freeze the US
financial assets of corporations doing business with Osama bin Laden.
He described the order as a "strike on the financial foundation of the
global terror network."
"If you do business with terrorists, if you support or succor them,
you will not do business with the United States," said President Bush.
He didn't say anything about doing business with a terrorist's brother
- or his wealthy financier.
When President George W. Bush froze assets connected to Osama bin
Laden, he didn't tell the American people that the terrorist
mastermind's late brother was an investor in the president's former
oil business in Texas. He also hasn't leveled with the American public
about his financial connections to a host of shady Saudi characters
involved in drug cartels, gun smuggling, and terrorist networks.
Doing business with the enemy is nothing new to the Bush family. Much
of the Bush family wealth came from supplying needed raw materials and
credit to Adolf Hitler's Third Reich. Several business operations
managed by Prescott Bush - the president's grandfather - were seized
by the US government during World War II under the Trading with the
On October 20, 1942, the federal government seized the Union Banking
Corporation in New York City as a front operation for the Nazis.
Prescott Bush was a director. Bush, E. Roland Harriman, two Bush
associates, and three Nazi executives owned the bank's shares. Eight
days later, the Roosevelt administration seized two other corporations
managed by Prescott Bush. The Holland-American Trading Corporation and
the Seamless Steel Equipment Corporation, both managed by the
Bush-Harriman bank, were accused by the US federal government of being
front organizations for Hitler's Third Reich. Again, on November 8,
1942, the federal government seized Nazi-controlled assets of
Silesian-American Corporation, another Bush-Harriman company doing
business with Hitler.
Doing business with the bin Laden empire, therefore, is only the
latest extension of the Bush family's financial ties to unsavory
individuals and organizations. Now that thousands of American citizens
have died in terrorist attacks and the nation is going to war, the
American people should know about George W. Bush's relationship with
the family of Osama bin Laden.
Salem bin Laden, Osama's older brother, was an investor in Arbusto
Energy. - the Texas oil company started by George W. Bush. Arbusto
means "Bush" in Spanish. Salem bin Laden died in an airplane crash in
Texas in 1988.
Sheik Mohammed bin Laden, the family patriarch and founder of its
construction empire, also died in a plane crash. Upon his death in
1968, he left behind 57 sons and daughters - the offspring he sired
with 12 wives in Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan. About a
dozen brothers manage Bin Laden Brothers Construction - one of the
largest construction firms in the Middle East.
Fresh out of Harvard Business School, young George W. Bush returned to
Midland, TX, in the late 1970s to follow his father's footsteps in the
oil business. Beginning in 1978, he set up a series of limited
partnerships - Arbusto '78, Arbusto '79, and so on - to drill for oil.
One of President Bush's earliest financial backers was James Bath, a
Houston aircraft broker. Bath served with President Bush in the Texas
Air National Guard. Bath has a mysterious connection to the Central
According to a 1976 trust agreement, Salem bin Laden appointed James
Bath as his business representative in Houston. Revelation about
Bath's relationship with the bin Laden financial empire and the CIA
was made public in 1992 by Bill White, a former real estate business
partner with Bath. White informed federal investigators in 1992 that
Bath told him that he had assisted the CIA in a liaison role since
1976 - the same year former President George Herbert Walker Bush
served as director of the CIA.
During a bitter legal fight between White and Bath, the real estate
partner disclosed that Bath managed a portfolio worth millions of
dollars for Sheik Khalid bin Mahfouz and other wealthy Saudis. Among
the investments made by Bath with Mahfouz's money was the Houston Gulf
A powerful banker in Saudi Arabia, Mahfouz was one of the largest
stockholders in the Bank of Credit and Commerce International. BCCI
was a corrupt global banking empire operating in 73 nations and was a
major financial and political force in Washington, Paris, Geneva,
London, and Hong Kong. Despite the appearance of a normal banking
operation, BCCI was actually an international crime syndicate
providing "banking services" to the Medellin drug cartel, Pamama
dictator Manuel Noriega, Saddam Hussein, terrorist mastermind Abu
Nidal, and Khun Sa, the heroin kingpin in Asia's Golden Triangle.
The BCCI scandal implicated some of the biggest political names in
Washington - both Democrats and Republicans - during the first Bush
White House. The bank was accused of laundering money for drug
cartels, smuggling weapons to terrorists, and using Middle Eastern oil
money to influence American politicians.
The chief of the Justice Department's criminal division under former
President Bush was Robert Mueller. Because the major players came out
of the scandal with slaps on the wrists, many critics accused Mueller
of botching the investigation. Mr. Mueller was recently appointed by
President George W. Bush as the new Director of the FBI, replacing
Louis Freeh who did nothing while William Jefferson Clinton allowed
the Red Chinese to loot our national security secrets.
The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), a division of the
Justice Department, reviewed allegations by Bill White in 1992 that
James Bath funneled money from wealthy Middle Eastern businessmen to
American companies to influence the policies of the Reagan and Bush
administrations. Robert Mueller, the new FBI chief, was in a senior
position at the Justice Department at the time of the review.
White told a Texas court in 1992 that Bath and the Justice Department
had "blackballed" him professionally and financially because he
refused to keep quiet about his knowledge of an Arabic conspiracy to
launder Middle Eastern money into the bank accounts of American
businesses and politicians.
In sworn depositions, Bath admitted he represented four wealthy Saudi
Arabian businessmen as a trustee. He also admitted he used his name on
their investments and received, in return, a five- percent stake in
their business deals.
Indeed, Texas tax documents revealed that Bath owned five percent of
Arbusto '79 Ltd., and Arbusto '80 Ltd. Bush Exploration Company
controlled the limited partnerships, the general partnership firm
owned by young George W. Bush.
Although George W. Bush's Texas oil ventures were financial failures,
his financial backers recovered their investments through a series of
mergers and stock swaps. He changed Arbusto's name to Bush
Exploration, then merged the new firm into Spectrum 7 Energy
Corporation in 1984.
The Bush-controlled oil business eventually ended up being folded into
Harken Energy Corp., a Dallas-based corporation. Mr. Bush joined
Harken as a director in 1986 and was given 212,000 shares of Harken
stock. Bush used his White House connections to land a lucrative
contract for the obscure Harken Energy Corp. with the Middle Eastern
government of Bahrain. On June 20, 1990, George W. Bush sold his
Harken stock for $848,000 and paid off his loan he took out to buy his
small share in the Texas Rangers. The Bahrain deal was brokered by
David Edwards, a close pal to Bill Clinton and a former employee of
Stephens Inc. Shortly after Bush sold his stock, Harken's fortunes
nose-dived when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait. Some critics claim
young George was tipped off in advance by his father about the
soon-coming Gulf War.
George W. Bush, however, worked wonders for Harken Energy Corp. before
the stock collapse. Using the Bush family name, he managed to bring
much-needed capital investment to the struggling firm. George W. Bush
traveled to Little Rock, AR, to attend a meeting with Jackson Stephens
- a powerful Arkansas tycoon who help bankroll the state campaigns of
young Bill Clinton. He first gained political prominence as a
fund-raiser for President Jimmy Carter. Stephens was also deeply
involved in the BCCI scandal by helping the corrupt bank take control
of First American Bank in Washington, DC.
Jack Stephens didn't need an introduction to young George W. Bush.
Mary Anne Stephens, his wife, managed Vice President George Bush's
1988 presidential campaign in Arkansas. Stephens Inc., the well
connected brokerage firm owned by Jack Stephens, donated $100,000 to a
Bush campaign fundraising dinner in 1991. When George W. Bush won the
contested Florida election in 2000, Jack Stephens made a substantial
contribution to the Bush inauguration. Recently, former President Bush
played golf on April 11, 2001, with Jack Stephens at the Jack Stephens
Youth Golf Academy in Little Rock. The former president told Stephens,
"Jack, we love you and we are very, very grateful for what you have
Perhaps the former president was thanking him for the money Stephens
provided young George W. Bush. Stephens arranged for a $25 million
investment from the Union des Banques Suisses. The Swiss Bank held the
minority interest in the Banque de Commerce et de Placements, a
Geneva-based subsidiary of BCCI.
Both Stephens and Abdullah Taha Bakhsh, a wealthy and well-connected
Saudi real estate investor, signed the financial transaction. The
Geneva transaction was paid through a joint venture between the Union
Bank of Switzerland and its Geneva branch of BCCI.
The BCCI connection, therefore, linked George W. Bush with Saudi
banker Khaled bin Mahfouz. Known in Arab circles as the "king's
treasurer," Mahfouz held a 20 percent take in BCCI between 1986 and
1990. Mahfouz is no stranger to the Bush family. He was a big investor
in the Carlyle Group, a defense-industry investment group with deep
connections to the Republican Party establishment. Former President
Bush is a former member of the company's board of directors. George W.
Bush also held shares in Caterair, a Carlyle subsidiary. Sami Baarma,
a powerful player in the Mahfouz-owned Prime Commercial Bank of
Pakistan, is a member of the Carlyle Group's international advisory
President Bush certainly is aware of that his former Saudi sugar daddy
is still financing Osama bin Laden's terrorist network. USA Today
newspaper reported in 1999 that a year after bin Laden's attacks on US
embassies in Africa, Khaled bin Mahfouz and other wealthy Saudis were
funneling tens of millions of dollars each year into bin Laden's bank
accounts. Five top Saudi businessmen ordered the National Commercial
Bank to transfer personal funds and $3 million pilfered from a Saudi
pension fund to the Capitol Trust Bank in New York City. The money was
deposited into the Islamic Relief and Bless Relief - Islamic charities
operating in the US and Great Britain as fronts for Osama bin Laden.
The Capitol Trust Bank is run by Mohammad Hussein al-Amoudi. His
lawyer is Democratic Party bigwig Vernon Jordan, close friend of
former President Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky.
Abdullah Taha Bakhsh, the Arab who cosigned the $25 million cash
infusion into George W. Bush's Harken Energy Corporation, appointed
Talat Othman to manage his 17.6 percent share in Harken Energy Corp.
Othman, a native Palestinian, is president and CEO of Dearborn
Financial Inc. - an investment firm in Arlington Heights, IL.
Bakhsh also bought a 9.6 percent stake in Worthen Banking Corporation,
the Arkansas bank controlled by Jack Stephens. Abdullah Bakhsh's share
was the identical percentage as the amount of shares sold by Mochtar
Riady, the godfather of the wealthy Indonesian family with close ties
to the Chinese communists, Bill Clinton and evangelist Pat Robertson.
Bakhsh is represented by Rogers & Wells, a well-connected Republican
law firm in New York whose partners include former Secretary of State
William P. Rogers.
Independent investigator reporter David Twersky reported in the early
1990s that Othman had a seat on Harken's board of directors and met
three times in the White House with President George Herbert Walker
Bush. Organized by Chief of Staff John Sununu, Othman's first meeting
with President Bush at the White House was in August 1990, just days
after Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait.
There exist to this day an Arab-Texas connection. Khalid bin Mahfouz,
financier of both George W. Bush and Osama bin Laden, still maintains
a palatial estate in Houston, TX. Former President George Bush also
lives in Houston. James Bath, Texas political confidant of George W.
Bush, managed to obtain a $1.4 million loan from Mahfouz in 1990. Bath
and Mahfouz, along with former Secretary of Treasury John Connally,
were also co-investors in Houston's Main Bank. Bath was also president
of Skyway Aircraft Leasing Ltd, a Texas air charter company registered
in the Cayman Islands. According to published reports in the early
1990s, the real owner was bin Mahfouz. When Salem bin Laden, Osama'
brother, died in 1988, his interest in the Houston Gulf Airport was
transferred to bin Mahfouz.
Since Osama bin Laden's bloody attack on America on September 11, the
federal government has moved quickly to freeze bank accounts connected
to Osama bin Laden, Khalid bin Mahfouz, and a host of Islamic
Perhaps federal agents should freeze the financial assets of the Bush
family too. It would not be the first time Bush-family assets were
seized by the US government for trading with the enemy.
"In 1989 when the Export-Import bank did not want to extend credit to Iraq, for
the benefit of Saddam Hussein..., Bush Sr. was determined the push through
credits. By the time the Foreign Aid Appropriations Bill reached the Senate
floor in Sept. 1989 with a provision with a barrier against Iraq, Republican
Senator John Heinz of Pennsylvania (Skull & Bones graduate of 1931) had obtained
an amendment stating that President Bush COULD WAIVE THE RESTRICTION on
Export-Import bank credits if he found that the provisions application is not in
the National interest."
On January 17th 1990 issued a formal public waiver INVOKING THAT AMENDMENT. What
this means folks is that, Daddy "opium poppy" Bush, used U.S. monies to
underwrite Saddam Hussein. Why is that so difficult to understand?
It is the job of the "Evilarchy" that's orchestrating this controlled-chaos to
keep the Sheeple DUMB ENOUGH-LONG ENOUGH to herd them into the slaughter house
where they will have their throats cut. Jr.
More About GEORGE WALKER BUSH, 43RD PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A.:
Political Party: REPUBLICAN--REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE FOR THE PRESIDENT 2000
More About GEORGE BUSH and LAURA WELCH:
Marriage: November 1977, MIDLAND, TEXAS, UNITED STATES
Children of GEORGE BUSH and LAURA WELCH are:
i. BARBARA14 BUSH, b. November 25, 1981.
ii. JENNA BUSH, b. November 25, 1981.