Search for content in message boards

Medlins of Raleigh

Replies: 1

Medlins of Raleigh

Posted: 1532619729000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Medlin
I'm looking for more information about the Medlins that live(d) in Western Raleigh.

In particular, I'm looking for more information about the parents of James Cornwall Medlin (b. 1836 d.1924). He was married to Sabrina Holderfield, and apparently also to her sister Irena. He had brothers, William and Sydney, neither of whom seem to have survived the Civil War. The earliest census I can find for James is 1850, where his mother is listed as Mary Medlin (b.~1800-d.?). It does not say whether she is a widow or whether she was not married. If she is a widow, her husband would have probably died around 1840. I have reason to suspect her maiden name would have been King, but that's by no means firm.

James is buried at Ephesus Baptist Church, and is the oldest Medlin there. I've been to the graveyard behind the white Medlin house on Trinity Road, and to the Medlin family graveyard on Blue Ridge Road. Neither of those sites have any marked graves predating James. Sabrina remarried a Cook and is buried at Saint Paul Christian Church, the only marked grave in a plot of land used by the Holderfields as a burial site.

My grandmother is a Medlin, and was born in 1921. Sadly she does not remember anything about James Cornwall Medlin, aside from the name Sabrina.

Does anyone have any information?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
NathalieTyson 1532619729000 
judyartley261... 1533340292000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic