Search for content in message boards

James F Jordan - owner of a Paper Company near the Quarry in the 1850s

Replies: 0

James F Jordan - owner of a Paper Company near the Quarry in the 1850s

Posted: 1492975214000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1551617614000
Surnames: JORDAN, PARTRIDGE, HUNTER
I am trying to determine the relationship of the early Jordans of NC. Of particular interest is a James F Jordan Sr who married a Caroline Harriet Partridge.

This man began a paper mill near the Quarry. Just a few years prior our direct ancestor Cornelius Jordan sold some land in the same vicinity.

I have been unable to locate when our Cornelius received his land. There are several families in this region who owned land for over 100 years. And the records for many parcels are missing because of fires.

The earliest landholders identified so far are two distinct Jordans -one JG3 and the otherr JG8 in Johnston County (This Wake land was originally part of Johnston). Our Matthew Jordan lists a son named James in his will. There are many James Jordans.

Hoping someone in the Hunter or JOrdan or Partridge families can help me where this James F Jordan SR goes.

Need Jordans who track back to NC during or before the 1700s to help me. My website is nc1700sJordans.com

The only way we will ever be able to put the Jordan puzzles together correctly is to identify, establish, and confirm each branch.

Also if anyone knows the specifics of the State Quarry or Rock Quarry Road region I would love to talk.

Shot me a message through Ancestry's internal message system.

Many thanks.

Maybe a PARTRIDGE family can help me with James F Sr? I have lost track of his sons - James F Jr married a

Find a board about a specific topic